Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Hello.....there was all sorts of sarcasm in my post. I have talked about expansion and new building options many times before, but there are some a-hole posters that get pissed when you bring up the new stadium topic (same with FBS move) and they are the ones that don't care if it takes a long time to ever do anything about it. I highly doubt with NDSU's success that a moderate win-loss record here or there will ever prevent the dome from selling out. We are the Nebraska of FCS and will keep selling out now that the DI winning tradition is established.
    As for planning a new stadium, you and I can talk about it all we want, but leadership at NDSU has to make it a priority. I think it would help if teammakers would start pushing for a new stadium more, but the good ol'boys that run teammakers don't want to rock the boat. As for the rest of us, I guess we should start sending e-mails to the AD. So sad to have capacity maxed out at 19,000 for at least the next 5 years. If planning seriously began today that is how long it would take.
    i
    I picked up the sarcasm in your post; I was trying to get you to get to actually post about viable options for a stadium and for obtaining funding. Changes like this won't get done without significant public support, and I think you may sway more people to contact Teammakers and/or the AD by presenting options instead of just complaining about what you think is wrong with the current stadium/level of football.

Some posters get frustrated because so many posts imply that it would be easy/quick to go FBS and get a brand new stadium, when in reality both of those moves would involve numerous factors and massive amounts of money that NDSU currently does not have.

I don't agree that we will never have trouble selling out. 2003 team was 8-3 and brought out an average of 8000 to the last two home games. 2004 went 8-3 and the last two home games had 11500. "Ever" is a long time, and no one can predict the future...

How do you know that this isn't a priority for the current leadership? They do have other things to worry about as well, such as the future of the Summit and cuts in funding. Just because they haven't released 10 options for a new stadium doesn't mean they haven't looked into it.

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Why the personal attacks? Are you not able to converse without condescending comments?
    Hey PL are you blind? Read his attack first. Get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    I picked up the sarcasm in your post; I was trying to get you to get to actually post about viable options for a stadium and for obtaining funding. Changes like this won't get done without significant public support, and I think you may sway more people to contact Teammakers and/or the AD by presenting options instead of just complaining about what you think is wrong with the current stadium/level of football.

Some posters get frustrated because so many posts imply that it would be easy/quick to go FBS and get a brand new stadium, when in reality both of those moves would involve numerous factors and massive amounts of money that NDSU currently does not have.

I don't agree that we will never have trouble selling out. 2003 team was 8-3 and brought out an average of 8000 to the last two home games. 2004 went 8-3 and the last two home games had 11500. "Ever" is a long time, and no one can predict the future...

How do you know that this isn't a priority for the current leadership? They do have other things to worry about as well, such as the future of the Summit and cuts in funding. Just because they haven't released 10 options for a new stadium doesn't mean they haven't looked into it.
    Don't see it with current leadership (where are the public references, examples, plans, vision, etc.). It is their job, not mine. Also, I don't live in ND so the impact I have is limited. This is a message board, not a project planning website. So where are all your detailed actions to get something done? Are you in the running for NDSU President, NDSU AD, Fargo Mayor, ND State Legislature? Your expectations at a message board are laughable. Most of what is posted here is opinion. You, 56BISON and Chrissy boy need to get over yourselves.

Nobody here will argue those points. Those points are what hamstrings the project. Stadium concepts have already been presented.
    Where are the concepts PL? If they exist they are not openly shared.

Hey PL are you blind? Read his attack first. Get a clue.
    "Not one person on this message board is stopping any of stuff you complain about. It called lack of size in so many areas."

This is an attack???????????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Where are the concepts PL? If they exist they are not openly shared.
    How many times do they have to be posted?

You had a conversation with Matt. Why didnt you ask him?

And what is there to share considering they have determined it would be more cost effective to scrape the dome and build a new one than to do renovations.????

This has all been posted before.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

How many times do they have to be posted?

You had a conversation with Matt. Why didnt you ask him?

And what is there to share considering they have determined it would be more cost effective to scrape the dome and build a new one than to do renovations.????

This has all been posted before.
    There is a 1000 seat expansion plan from 2 years or more ago that is going nowhere. There are no new stadium concepts. Are you on drugs?

There is a 1000 seat expansion plan from 2 years or more ago that is going nowhere. There are no new stadium concepts. Are you on drugs?
    As far as new stadium concepts they know what they need. Why would they hire a firm to come up with new stadium concepts when they know that the state wont help pay for a new stadium and NDSU cant come up with 300 million plus? Just so it gives you something to talk about?

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It would be nice if they put some feelers out there about a possible new stadium and see what kind of feedback it gets. Depending on the input provided by the public, see weather its outdoor or indoor. From there determine seating/capacity goal with the option to expand. Try to come up with a ballpark number for the project and determine how the money will be acquired. Have to start somewhere.

Who knows, there could be a huge amount of support to get the ball rolling.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

As far as new stadium concepts they know what they need. Why would they hire a firm to come up with new stadium concepts when they know that the state wont help pay for a new stadium and NDSU cant come up with 300 million plus? Just so it gives you something to talk about?
    Yes, that is how "leaders" share their vision to get things moving and gain momentum. Maybe let the public know how many states, like neighboring South Dakota, allow bonding to secure funding. List the roadblocks and what is needed from the state, alumni, teammakers, etc. Show people what could be. Have to dream it before it can become reality.