Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Don't bother talking about getting a new bigger stadium. Never going to happen according to all the naysayers here. Just live in the past. Talk about all the previous accomplishments.
    So you don't want to even talk about the realities of getting a new stadium built? That means you really are on here just to bitch and moan, and have nothing to contribute regarding the logistics of increasing capacity/moving to FBS/both.

Wanting something to happen with no plan to achieve it is called a wish. Just a pipe dream that you hope happens with no effort...

Back to the topic:
    -Anyone have any clue about what level of fundraising may be possible/probable?
    -I would think 25-30K under a roof would be sufficient for size. Like others have said, a certain proportion of these people that want season tickets may only be interested in the idea of them and not what it costs to get them. Very similar to some of the FBS-at-all-cost supporters...
    -Is there any way this works with an outdoor stadium?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

I think the school could build an outdoor stadium if it wanted to. Nobody seems to have the guts to go down that road though.

I'd love to see the school toss out a plan for something and see what kind of reaction it generates.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I think the school could build an outdoor stadium if it wanted to. Nobody seems to have the guts to go down that road though.

I'd love to see the school toss out a plan for something and see what kind of reaction it generates.
    Might be wrong but I got the impression from the ML interview in the latest Bison Illustrated that they’re working on the stadium issue. ML also flat-out said that MAC/MWC are the only options. Some might not like this, but given an invite, an FBS move would be based purely on economics – increasing the revenue stream and growing the brand to increase enrollment.

One might ask why the Fargo Dome was built so small to begin with without any feasible expansion options. There might be some valuable insight residing in the answer to that question with respect to issues NDSU/Fargo face in general …

Keep it growing and don’t f*ck it up. That’s all I ask.

I think so too; it would likely open up easier options for future expansion if needed and be cheaper to build.

If we currently weren't inside, would we see the same demand that we currently seem to have? I think most would agree that demand would suffer.

Say we had a 25,000 seat outdoor stadium designed to be able to add 10-15,000 in the future: is it full in november/december at current ticket demand? Could we build one for $120 million?

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    So you don't want to even talk about the realities of getting a new stadium built? That means you really are on here just to bitch and moan, and have nothing to contribute regarding the logistics of increasing capacity/moving to FBS/both.

Wanting something to happen with no plan to achieve it is called a wish. Just a pipe dream that you hope happens with no effort...

Back to the topic:
    -Anyone have any clue about what level of fundraising may be possible/probable?
    -I would think 25-30K under a roof would be sufficient for size. Like others have said, a certain proportion of these people that want season tickets may only be interested in the idea of them and not what it costs to get them. Very similar to some of the FBS-at-all-cost supporters...
    -Is there any way this works with an outdoor stadium?
    Hello.....there was all sorts of sarcasm in my post. I have talked about expansion and new building options many times before, but there are some a-hole posters that get pissed when you bring up the new stadium topic (same with FBS move) and they are the ones that don't care if it takes a long time to ever do anything about it. I highly doubt with NDSU's success that a moderate win-loss record here or there will ever prevent the dome from selling out. We are the Nebraska of FCS and will keep selling out now that the DI winning tradition is established.
    As for planning a new stadium, you and I can talk about it all we want, but leadership at NDSU has to make it a priority. I think it would help if teammakers would start pushing for a new stadium more, but the good ol'boys that run teammakers don't want to rock the boat. As for the rest of us, I guess we should start sending e-mails to the AD. So sad to have capacity maxed out at 19,000 for at least the next 5 years. If planning seriously began today that is how long it would take.
    i

I agree 100%. It would be nice to float some stadium concepts out there with estimated costs and financing options including getting the state out of early 1900's thinking. 100% funds up front is for the dark ages.

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    I think so too; it would likely open up easier options for future expansion if needed and be cheaper to build.

If we currently weren't inside, would we see the same demand that we currently seem to have? I think most would agree that demand would suffer.

Say we had a 25,000 seat outdoor stadium designed to be able to add 10-15,000 in the future: is it full in november/december at current ticket demand? Could we build one for $120 million?
    Based on SDSU and Colorado State I think $120-150 million would be a safe estimate. Like you said the good thing about an outdoor stadium is you can factor in future expansion and grow with demand like Montana has.

I think if we were outside there would be massive demand for the earlier games and it would fall obviously when it got colder for the playoffs, you could put rivalry games later in the season where people will go to no matter what.

That said a push needs to come from somewhere, I think what annoys people like me and SD is that there appears to be no kind of vision or plan.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Go right ahead and think you are a bigger deal than you are.
    Why the personal attacks? Are you not able to converse without condescending comments?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Hello.....there was all sorts of sarcasm in my post. I have talked about expansion and new building options many times before, but there are some a-hole posters that get pissed when you bring up the new stadium topic (same with FBS move) and they are the ones that don't care if it takes a long time to ever do anything about it. I highly doubt with NDSU's success that a moderate win-loss record here or there will ever prevent the dome from selling out. We are the Nebraska of FCS and will keep selling out now that the DI winning tradition is established.
    As for planning a new stadium, you and I can talk about it all we want, but leadership at NDSU has to make it a priority. I think it would help if teammakers would start pushing for a new stadium more, but the good ol'boys that run teammakers don't want to rock the boat. As for the rest of us, I guess we should start sending e-mails to the AD. So sad to have capacity maxed out at 19,000 for at least the next 5 years. If planning seriously began today that is how long it would take.
    i
    You dont realize how wrong you are. Geez
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I agree 100%. It would be nice to float some stadium concepts out there with estimated costs and financing options including getting the state out of early 1900's thinking. 100% funds up front is for the dark ages.
    Nobody here will argue those points. Those points are what hamstrings the project. Stadium concepts have already been presented.