Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Bigger endowment too.

We’re on the right track, but the budget challenges are most definitely a setback. The important thing is to not give up on NDSU at this critical time, even though I know many of you are unhappy. DB and ML had no choice about the MVC/Summit expansion decision.
    That last sentence is bullshit. They could have said no.

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Welcoming an FBS move if the right invite/financial situation comes along isn't the same as wanting out the FCS. I think an awful lot people fall into one of those categories that may get lumped into the other. The move will come when 1) we get an invite, 2) we have appropriate pieces in place (facilities, programs, and most importantly financial support, and 3) it makes sense for the university. We can't control #1 (cue the "we need to contacting/begging conferences" replies), we can contribute to #2, and #3 is ultimately up to administration. If you want to move up as quick as possible, donate money to make us the most attractive school should G5 conferences decide to expand.

Nothing is stopping the pro-FBS crowd at any cost from contacting the decision makers, but what action are you demanding from Matt Larson? Please, PLEASE do not say he should be out pleading with the MAC and MWC to expand. Begging never looks good. And ask yourself this question: in adding NDSU, what's in it for those conferences?
    How about some updates on challenges and progress to going FBS. All I hear is lots of crickets. I define the pro FBS crowd as those who want a move in the next few years if possible along with those that think it needs to be done but might take longer. I don't think begging is required. How about some well placed inquiries and let people know that NDSU is exploring options.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Well politics is involved so saying yes is Ok. Nobody has balls anymore. Just cave into special interests and do the popular thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Would have been suicide for DB. The lynch mob was fired up and ready to go in anticipation of just that. You want Ed Schaeffer to be president at NDSU? DB may not be perfect, but it could be much, much worse. With the budget BS, this is the worst possible time to be trying to find a new leader with true skill and vision.

Listen, I hate those dipsh*its just as much as the rest of you. They feel they’re entitled, they use back-door politics, and they’d ruin the state just to hurt NDSU and help promote their BS ‘flagship’ cause. Nobody in my family will ever be touched by someone who went to that med school. But they’re desperate and they’re not that good. It’s three years away. Let’s keep this train moving and not fight with each other about having to play them in the future.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So exactly what facility(ies) is/are NDSU missing for an FBS move? Yes, a larger stadium would be nice and a lot of schools have an IPF. But, what does NDSU NEED facility-wise to make the move up?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    So exactly what facility(ies) is/are NDSU missing for an FBS move? Yes, a larger stadium would be nice and a lot of schools have an IPF. But, what does NDSU NEED facility-wise to make the move up?
    From what I know it's the size of the Fargo Dome.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Would have been suicide for DB. The lynch mob was fired up and ready to go in anticipation of just that. You want Ed Schaeffer to be president at NDSU? DB may not be perfect, but it could be much, much worse. With the budget BS, this is the worst possible time to be trying to find a new leader with true skill and vision.

Listen, I hate those dipsh*its just as much as the rest of you. They feel they’re entitled, they use back-door politics, and they’d ruin the state just to hurt NDSU and help promote their BS ‘flagship’ cause. Nobody in my family will ever be touched by someone who went to that med school. But they’re desperate and they’re not that good. It’s three years away. Let’s keep this train moving and not fight with each other about having to play them in the future.
    Then you know why a move up isn't really on the radar AND why it will only be done if both Universities on I-29 move together.

The politics of ND aren't hard to understand.

Actually, I retract my statement that says "both". One would be allowed by Bismarck to make the jump. It's not the one in Fargo in case you're wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Then you know why a move up isn't really on the radar AND why it will only be done if both Universities on I-29 move together.

The politics of ND aren't hard to understand.

Actually, I retract my statement that says "both". One would be allowed by Bismarck to make the jump. It's not the one in Fargo in case you're wondering.

Seriously? If only one school I just can't see the legislature no matter how biased and stupid being able to pick the team with only one natty in the modern era instead of the one with 13.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Seriously? If only one school I just can't see the legislature no matter how biased and stupid being able to pick the team with only one natty in the modern era instead of the one with 13.
    Unfortunately that is reality here
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Who said "pick"? The word would be "allow".

The people who run the Legislature would never allow NDSU to leave UND behind AGAIN. They might allow the reverse.

Of course, this assumes either could afford the move. I don't think that's in the cards for either one.

BTW, the Governor has very little actual power to do anything without the approval of the cabal.