Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Pretty sure they have ridiculous amounts of money.

Edit:
    NDSU endowment = $138 million
    Liberty endowment = $1.05 billion...with a B
    Well......to be fair.......they have reverends doing their fund-raising.

Hey dammit!!!!
    Bisonville has a reverend! What the f*ck?!?!

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

There are literally hundreds of FBS threads, or co-opted FBS threads that I could drop this into. But I think I'll just leave it right here. You are welcome, scottie.

A Piece Of American <FBS> Pie

A long, long time ago............
    I can still remember when the Bison used to make me smile.
    And I knew if they had the chance,
    play One-Ay-Ay, and make The Dance,
    then maybe I'd be happy for a while.

But Five straight titles bored me rotten,
    and then run power, they'd forgotten.
    Team Makers at my doorstep,
    I wouldn't give one more cent.

And the three men who did jog this roll,
    Chappy, Gene and Brother Bohl,
    are not here now to soothe my soul,
    The day.........my interest......... dies.

I started thinkin'...............(chorus)
    Bye, Bye FCS, we must fly.
    Get an invite to the "big time", C'mon Matt did you try?
    Them good ole' boys will give the money, I'm dry.
    Oh, and..........put me on the 50-yard line.
    Just get me on the 50-yard line!

Now.... I DO think that this last run was fun.
    But I'm bored now, hey, can you hear me, son?
    It must be time for us to go.......oooooooh.
    And I do believe in rock 'n roll,
    that blares from speakers at a CarQuest Bowl.
    Don't agree with me? Now....WHO's the one thinking real slow!

Well, I know that GameDay loves us now,
    but just think of when we're G5, wow!
    We'll both hit jackpot then,
    when the exposure never ends! Oooh!

We are so cocky talky, but winning sucks,
    amongst the dung heap in this JV muck.
    We must move on or we'll be out of luck,
    the day.............my interest......... dies.

Yeah......I'll be thinkin'..........(chorus)
    Bye, Bye FCS we must fly.
    Hell, don't fret about the seating, for a grant we'll apply.
    Them good 'ole boys will give the money, I'm dry.
    Oh, and........put me on the 50-yard line.
    Just get me on the 50-yard line.........

EVERYBODY, now............(chorus...sing it loudly!)
    Bye, Bye FCS we must fly.
    I want you all to hear me, but my dough's a bit shy.
    Them good 'ole boys will give the money, I'm dry.
    Sayin'.............I need a piece of FBS pie!
    Or I Swear to God............my interest will die!

Oh and don't forget.................Just... Put... Me...On... The... Fifty... Yard.........Lii-i-ine!
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 02-17-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Beer in the dome?

Lardsin must go!

THIS IS RELEVANT HERE.. Id like to see discussions on this (hopefully i can participate?)

Appy st georgia southern coastal unc charlotte liberty all to fbs.. Where is ndsu???

this is borderline pathetic. we are losing recruits (to wyo, new mexico, coastal etc) only cuz we arent fbs, coaches are going now (and Bohl) and the buzz around town just isnt the same anymore. thousands of ndsu fans DONT EVEN TRY to get tickets anymore since its impossible.

NDSU AD admitted on radio that we are stuck in the 3rd tier, does this guy not understand the WE ARE NOT STONY BROOK?? P5, G5, FCS (dont give me the bowl excuse, frisco in 38 degree weather on a soccer field isnt cool anymore)

He hasnt even called craig thompson of the mountain west. we'd be 7th in attendence and wouldnt they rather have a full house at 20k instead of 20k in a 40k stadium looking half empty?

oh heres another thing. NDSU is losing millions of dollars last few years, the city of fargo/dome rakes in the dollars that NDSU brought them

time to build a 42,000 on campus on practice fields. semi enclosed roof to keep out the wind. $150 million. find 4 companies to shell out $25mil each, they get thier own corner of stadium for products/advertising. raise $50mil by ndsu then NDSU KEEPS ALL REVENUE. screw the city and state of nd. .. they wont help NDSU so lets do it ourselves.

2020 home schedule = Boise St, Wyoming, Colorado st etc. better homes for all of our sports and you would get shared CFPlayoff money, more march madness money, more shared TV money, raise student fees as well.

time for NDSU & Fargo to flex our muscles, what happened to "bring on the competition!" lets get some fundraisers that have the balls to get more money

fcs is dead NDSU OWNS IT, hell we dominated it and we Subsidized it for the ncaa. frisco, sdsu, usd, uni und everything lives off of us, quit being whores, time to PIMP THIS RIDE!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

THIS IS RELEVANT HERE.. Id like to see discussions on this (hopefully i can participate?)

Appy st georgia southern coastal unc charlotte liberty all to fbs.. Where is ndsu???

this is borderline pathetic. we are losing recruits (to wyo, new mexico, coastal etc) only cuz we arent fbs, coaches are going now (and Bohl) and the buzz around town just isnt the same anymore. thousands of ndsu fans DONT EVEN TRY to get tickets anymore since its impossible.

NDSU AD admitted on radio that we are stuck in the 3rd tier, does this guy not understand the WE ARE NOT STONY BROOK?? P5, G5, FCS (dont give me the bowl excuse, frisco in 38 degree weather on a soccer field isnt cool anymore)

He hasnt even called craig thompson of the mountain west. we'd be 7th in attendence and wouldnt they rather have a full house at 20k instead of 20k in a 40k stadium looking half empty?

oh heres another thing. NDSU is losing millions of dollars last few years, the city of fargo/dome rakes in the dollars that NDSU brought them

time to build a 42,000 on campus on practice fields. semi enclosed roof to keep out the wind. $150 million. find 4 companies to shell out $25mil each, they get thier own corner of stadium for products/advertising. raise $50mil by ndsu then NDSU KEEPS ALL REVENUE. screw the city and state of nd. .. they wont help NDSU so lets do it ourselves.

2020 home schedule = Boise St, Wyoming, Colorado st etc. better homes for all of our sports and you would get shared CFPlayoff money, more march madness money, more shared TV money, raise student fees as well.

time for NDSU & Fargo to flex our muscles, what happened to "bring on the competition!" lets get some fundraisers that have the balls to get more money

fcs is dead NDSU OWNS IT, hell we dominated it and we Subsidized it for the ncaa. frisco, sdsu, usd, uni und everything lives off of us, quit being whores, time to PIMP THIS RIDE!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Beer in the dome?
    At most, an extra million isn't going to help anyone get anywhere.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    At most, an extra million isn't going to help anyone get anywhere.
    Come on. This fan base can drink it's way into and out of any problem.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Come on. This fan base can drink it's way into and out of any problem.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Default When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

I'm unsure why everyone keeps talking about the cost of fbs

If I was a person with photoshop abilities I'd fix the pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TRUST THE PROCESS

I sat right next to both parents of a younger Bison player at the Green'n'Gold game a few days ago. I wont say the players name as it doesnt matter, there is a point to be made. THese 2 parents were very nice people, and the Dad is a very successful Engineer from the Chicago area. Their son is majoring in EE at NDSU right now. He was highly touted coming out of H.S., and Mom told me NIU was after him BIG TIME. Now, NIU is an FBS school, in the Mid American conference, playing in a stadium that holds 23,000+, and their overall record in Bowl Games is 4-7. NIU brags about their having 2 Heisman finalists in the last 25 years, LeShon Johnson and Jordan Lynch.
    Mom told me that after many visits from the coaches(not just one) from NIU, and a scholarship offer, that their son told them that he is going to Fargo..Amen. They asked him why Fargo? He said bluntly..."They play for trophies up there, not a possible appearance in a bowl game".
    Just food for thought.