Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    The G5 is viewed as having more prestige when it 1) maintains 85 Schollies. 2) Plays games vs the P5 3) Goes to 3rd and 4th tier bowls with games against the 6,7, and 8 win P5 teams.

Nothing will change until the bowls change their structure. If the bowls Turn into G5 vs G5 games, then some playoff talk could heat up. If the P5 starts to pull out of games vs G5 in bowls, this could drive a change.
    I don't disagree with you about the perception of prestige. The reality is football is a drain on 95% of these schools because of those same factors. Is it worth the investment? Is it an investment?

The future model of a second tier isn't trying to spend like a P5 school when you don't get the payout of a P5 school. The difference between 75 and 85 scholarships with COA is around a quarter million a year for a lot of these schools. Combine that with the reality they are only getting 1 to 2 P5 games a season, they already look like the FCS but with a way more expensive post season.

The casual fan will still pick a P5 game over a G5 game unless they have a vested interest. The hardcore fan doesn't care what level, they will find the best football game. What prestige are these schools trying to maintain. The other reality is the G5 is still made up of basketball schools that are a little serious about football than the FCS schools.

The G5 can replicate the FCS model, create a sustainable product that loses less money, and still maintain their relationship with the P5 games. I truly think if NDSU didn't believe this might happen, they would be pushing to move up right now. There will be another large shakeup and it will happen in the next few years.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I don't disagree with you about the perception of prestige. The reality is football is a drain on 95% of these schools because of those same factors. Is it worth the investment? Is it an investment?

The future model of a second tier isn't trying to spend like a P5 school when you don't get the payout of a P5 school. The difference between 75 and 85 scholarships with COA is around a quarter million a year for a lot of these schools. Combine that with the reality they are only getting 1 to 2 P5 games a season, they already look like the FCS but with a way more expensive post season.

The casual fan will still pick a P5 game over a G5 game unless they have a vested interest. The hardcore fan doesn't care what level, they will find the best football game. What prestige are these schools trying to maintain. The other reality is the G5 is still made up of basketball schools that are a little serious about football than the FCS schools.

The G5 can replicate the FCS model, create a sustainable product that loses less money, and still maintain their relationship with the P5 games. I truly think if NDSU didn't believe this might happen, they would be pushing to move up right now. There will be another large shakeup and it will happen in the next few years.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    That shake-up will either be the dissolution of a P5 conference (Big 12 is my guess) or the CFB is expanded to six or eight teams that must be in a P5 conference. The latter will force Notre Dame to be an ACC football member. BYU will have to beg either the PAC-12 or BIG-12 for admittance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Been busy working .... are we gonna be in the central or the west division of the nfc
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Been busy working .... are we gonna be in the central or the west division of the nfc
    What are you talking about? Everyone knows you can't play in the NFL without a new stadium!!!
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    What are you talking about? Everyone knows you can't play in the NFL without a new stadium!!!
    Well, then it would be easy. Just threaten to move to Oakland or San Diego and force public funding of a massive stadium making the fat cats in charge even fatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Well, then it would be easy. Just threaten to move to Oakland or San Diego and force public funding of a massive stadium making the fat cats in charge even fatter.
    Those guys are to busy with the diversion
    TRUST THE PROCESS

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ence-shuffling

Because streaming could become the primary way fans watch games, conferences might hold on to more of their own inventory and invest in their own delivery methods, like BTN2Go, the Big Ten Network's app. The changing market could benefit Big 12 schools, who retain their third-tier media rights. "The digital streaming of these live contests and how the younger generation is consuming that content is ever-changing," Hocutt said. 'It's changed in the last five years, and I can't imagine what it's going to look like five years ahead of us."

Realignment strategy also should change. In 2012, the Big Ten added Maryland and Rutgers more for their surrounding television markets than for the individual fan bases they added to the league. But if traditional cable subscription numbers continue to decrease, leagues might be less concerned about markets and would instead target members with large, passionate fan bases, willing to pay whatever to see their teams.

That's why football-only members could be a bigger factor for power conferences when realignment stirs again. That could be good news for BYU, a football-only candidate for the Big 12 last year, or even Group of 5 football heavyweights like Boise State and Houston.

I wonder what NDSU's streaming numbers are like between ESPN3 and All-Access.
    Hail the BISON!!!

So what would you rather have as a NDSU fan

stay in FCS and be a yearly top 5 team and win 4-6 titles every decade

Join the split G5 if they had a playoff and be a yearly top 25 team and win 1 title every decade

Summit is imploding, its basically Division 2 also rans

MVC wont let us into that conference, so WHY do we Subsidize them with the MVFC and Subsidize all these crappy schools with a boost in attendence because of NDSU?

The writing is on the wall. Matt Larson PICK UP THE PHONE!! ITS YOUR JOB TO DO THAT!! SHOW IT ON FACEBOOK LIVE... I dare you .
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    So what would you rather have as a NDSU fan

stay in FCS and be a yearly top 5 team and win 4-6 titles every decade

Join the split G5 if they had a playoff and be a yearly top 25 team and win 1 title every decade
    G5 with a playoffs (with top tier of current FCS added) would be awesome. Definitely take that and fewer national titles