Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    The legislature will unlikely help financially in a FBS move for either school, even way down the road. This would have to be funded by each U's alumni and friends, and possible by GF and/or Fargo for an arena (but, not very likely there also). Therefore leaving each U with this task of accomplishing FBS by themselves. A few very generous alumni/friends for each school would most definitely be needed to be included in a large group of givers. Might, also have to increase the Endowment at each U.
    Maybe we should just beat un_ so bad that they pay for NDSU to go FBS.

Lardsin must go!

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

154 posts and still no response from Matt Larsen!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Fire Matt save FBS!
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Come on Scottie.......PL says you need to contact our AD directly to get any information. But then others here say these are top secret negotiations and nothing would be provided. LOL. How about just announcing they are working on it. Discuss plans and contingency plans. True leaders do that. Sitting on your hands and waiting for things to change isn't professional and shows lack of preparation to move forward when the time is right. I guess NDSU peaked at 5 consecutive championships and now we just wait for FCS to get watered down (lower teams to move up, better teams to move out, and existing teams to catch up).

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    When I reconnected to NDSU I asked Simmers how much to join TM. I didnt ask what the benefits were as I didnt think there were any. I just knew the money went for scholarships.

So tell me how Universities raise Billions of dollars a year when tickets arent in the mix. Why do people keep raising there donation amount?
    I am thinking about how to get new people to donate rather than current donors. I have no idea how public universities raise money. That's not something I'll ever consider unless I won the lottery and wanted to get a building named after my parents.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Come on Scottie.......PL says you need to contact our AD directly to get any information. But then others here say these are top secret negotiations and nothing would be provided. LOL. How about just announcing they are working on it. Discuss plans and contingency plans. True leaders do that. Sitting on your hands and waiting for things to change isn't professional and shows lack of preparation to move forward when the time is right. I guess NDSU peaked at 5 consecutive championships and now we just wait for FCS to get watered down (lower teams to move up, better teams to move out, and existing teams to catch up).
    I mean..he probably isn't going to give you a long detailed explanation, but I bet he'd respond if you emailed him. I emailed GT a couple times about questions/concerns and both times he got back to me within an hour or two.
    College of Business Alumnus

You think you'd get an honest and detailed answer in an email? Considering open records requests, I would hope not.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    There are no top secret plans. There are plans to keep NDSU in position to be in the second tier of college football if things change, while at the same time, not killing the Athletic Department's cash flow.

Right now, moving up to FBS has NO benefits to program. It might have some type of weird benefit for you, but that is not enough incentive for NDSU to move up and hemorrhage money.

I don't understand why you guys with a "small-time" complex can't get through your thick skulls that what keeps NDSU at the FCS level is the cost benefit of moving up. G5 is an ugly and costly horse to be dreaming of riding. If it wasn't, we would be losing a lot of recruits to those schools in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    There are no top secret plans. There are plans to keep NDSU in position to be in the second tier of college football if things change, while at the same time, not killing the Athletic Department's cash flow.

Right now, moving up to FBS has NO benefits to program. It might have some type of weird benefit for you, but that is not enough incentive for NDSU to move up and hemorrhage money.

I don't understand why you guys with a "small-time" complex can't get through your thick skulls that what keeps NDSU at the FCS level is the cost benefit of moving up. G5 is an ugly and costly horse to be dreaming of riding. If it wasn't, we would be losing a lot of recruits to those schools in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Scottie, don't waste an oar on this guy

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Scottie, don't waste an oar on this guy
    Sorry, I don't row boats in dry bodies of water. Even Fleck knows that and left.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Sorry, I don't row boats in dry bodies of water. Even Fleck knows that and left.
    People laughed at Noah too.

Lardsin must go!