Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Moving to FBS is easy......except for that whole millions of more dollars thing.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Moving to FBS is easy......except for that whole millions of more dollars thing.
    Easiest way would be to get the MVFC to move up. Mountain West is terrific - just not a fan of games starting at 9pm CST, for one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post

I have only been a team maker for about 5 years and sat on the fence for many years before that. I decided one year to start doing this and now I am glad I did it. I feel more connected to the athletic department and what is happening. I have it factored into my giving and will try and increase it each year. I am far from being a "big" donor. But with the 1,000 new members and current members increasing we made a $1,000,000 difference. That is amazing. There are 4,151 current members in TM. If everyone increase $50 this coming year that is another $207,000. $100 would be closing in on a $500,000 increase. We are getting the membership up there to have smaller donations or increased donation really making an impact. I will hit my limit of giving some day and will be unable to increase it. More members more money.
    Here is an idea. When they sell to 50/50 tickets hand out TM information. Maybe some people only think it is a raffle they run. Tell your friends, family and employer about TM. The employer might match your giving.
    It's going to be tough to convince people to start giving without any tangible benefit(i.e. tickets).
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    It's going to be tough to convince people to start giving without any tangible benefit(i.e. tickets).
    That is true but need to think outside the box. Preference for single game tickets over non TM is a start.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That is true but need to think outside the box. Preference for single game tickets over non TM is a start.
    I could dig that. I think a few of my friends(all of us are mid 20's) would consider joining just for that. None of them are currently. My sister in DC likes to come back for a game or two a year, she'd join.

Jamestown guys got all the best ideas...
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Easiest way would be to get the MVFC to move up. Mountain West is terrific - just not a fan of games starting at 9pm CST, for one thing.
    I think you would need the NCAA to change the rules for that to happen. The only way you could get all of the MVFC to move up at the same time would be for all to join the WAC. But you still need to be invited.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I could dig that. I think a few of my friends(all of us are mid 20's) would consider joining just for that. None of them are currently. My sister in DC likes to come back for a game or two a year, she'd join.

They are already doing that.

Millions are given every year to schools with out tickets.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Mr. Meaty was referring to something that already exists. Good time for you, your friends and your sister to start your Team Makers memberships.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    If NDSU is to join the Mountain West we need the whole state to be on Mountain Time dah! That would show them we are serious! Why aren't Pres B, Matt Larson and our Team Makers Pres in Bismarck rattling the chains at the legislature? Can I get a pump it up around here?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk