Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: UND to join Summit/MVFC

Default Re: UND to join Summit/MVFC

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    Still time to contact your president and urge him to vote No.
    Probably not a good idea.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

A 9 game conference schedule is a really bad idea when you have a committee of people that pretty much have no idea what SOS is all about. Just making it more difficult for MVFC teams to get into the playoffs.

Also I think it is hilarious that UND fans think the Summit is some kind of step down from the Big Sky, when it comes to BB the Summit is a much stronger league. It goes beyond RPI, the Summit as a whole just has a stronger commitment to basketball success.

The only thing I like about this is not having to hear anymore UND football scheduling debates.

Obviously this whole thing is a huge benefit for UND, their non-hockey sports are now in leagues people in the region actually know and care about. They are now free from the Big Sky abyss.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    With one team moving, both the Big Sky and MVFC get worse. LOL.
    I see what you did there lol
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

keith brake is taking calls right now on this on bison1660

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    When the MVFC vote leaks it would be wise for NDSU to be in the 'yes' column... Unless it fails by at least 2 votes.
    The butthurt would be very entertaining if we voted no

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    The butthurt would be very entertaining if we voted no
    It would be very something. I'm not sure I would have gone with entertaining. The Legislature is in session.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Was only a matter of time. UND had to make the move for cost reasons. It will be good for scheduling with an even number in the Summit. It will be great to play UND every year in football. Only downfall is not playing now 2 Valley teams in a season. I wonder who will be the odd man out in our protected games we will play every year. Right now it is SDSU and UNI. I would assume UND/NDSU will be played every year. SDSU or UNI game might not be played in a season, that will be weird. Maybe in those years, we can schedule a non-conference game with whoever is left off the conference schedule.
    I could see them protecting 4 games. I don't know how all the math works, but on the western side it is pretty easy. Isn't it 3 now with NDSU, SDSU, UNI, and USD, for example?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It would be very something. I'm not sure I would have gone with entertaining. The Legislature is in session.
    Screw them. They are going to screw NDSU anyway. Bresciani should leave one last bomb by voting no before he takes the Ohio job. That would be hilarious!

Yay it's the NCC all over again...[emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get being mad about UND....But.......

Lol at anyone turning to the goofs as alternative because they're tired of how things are run with their own team.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club