Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: UND to join Summit/MVFC

Default Re: UND to join Summit/MVFC

With one team moving, both the Big Sky and MVFC get worse. LOL.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    The Eastern schools could be pulling a fast one where we they get to miss out on 2 of NDSU, SDSU, UNI, USD, UND. I'm sure whomever misses 2 of the 3 of NDSU, SDSU, and UNI would absolutely love that.
    That was going to be my question. Are we going to be stuck with these teams all the time?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I hope MVFC seriously considers going to a 9 game conference schedule. You'd still have 3 non-cons ever other year, and gives you another solid home game ever other year. Price of B1G being poops and assures we continue to only miss one team.
    If I remember correctly, the next allowable 12 game season isn't until 2020 something. Certainly not every other year.

The way I see it we have 3 years to get our shit together and go FBS. At this point I don't care if it's the fricking Sunbelt as long as UND isn't there. Keep the rest of our sports in the Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That was going to be my question. Are we going to be stuck with these teams all the time?

If you were running the conference is there any chance you'd allow a scheduling regime where teams under 450 miles apart don't play each other every year?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

dufferole is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Why? They abandoned us. Why let them join us? We made our way while they scorned us. I cannot believe this is happening. A bunch of me toos. Both conferences and SU does not need them. I admit that I am old school and remember all the slights those assholes put on us. I really don't see any advantage for SU.

Over/under on hours until SiouxVolley "theorizes" that the WAC is going to invite a combination of teams from the MVFC / Summit (and Wichita St) to join the conference and go FBS?

My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Why? They abandoned us. Why let them join us? We made our way while they scorned us. I cannot believe this is happening. A bunch of me toos. Both conferences and SU does not need them. I admit that I am old school and remember all the slights those assholes put on us. I really don't see any advantage for SU.
    The conference does need them. There's a real chance YSU leaves. They're already the most geographically isolated so if that domino falls the conference actually gets more compact by adding UND and subtracting YSU.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

9 is better than 10 or 11...
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    If I remember correctly, the next allowable 12 game season isn't until 2020 something. Certainly not every other year.
    Correction, just eliminate 1 non-conf game each year. That non-conf game would alternate if a home or away being cut.