Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: UND to join Summit/MVFC

Default Re: UND to join Summit/MVFC

I can see the move to the Summit but since when did the MVFC vote on adding UND? Did I miss that??

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I can see the move to the Summit but since when did the MVFC vote on adding UND? Did I miss that??
    Sounds like the MVFC is voting later this week. GFH makes it sounds like a formality.

Was only a matter of time. UND had to make the move for cost reasons. It will be good for scheduling with an even number in the Summit. It will be great to play UND every year in football. Only downfall is not playing now 2 Valley teams in a season. I wonder who will be the odd man out in our protected games we will play every year. Right now it is SDSU and UNI. I would assume UND/NDSU will be played every year. SDSU or UNI game might not be played in a season, that will be weird. Maybe in those years, we can schedule a non-conference game with whoever is left off the conference schedule.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Was only a matter of time. UND had to make the move for cost reasons. It will be good for scheduling with an even number in the Summit. It will be great to play UND every year in football. Only downfall is not playing now 2 Valley teams in a season. I wonder who will be the odd man out in our protected games we will play every year. Right now it is SDSU and UNI. I would assume UND/NDSU will be played every year. SDSU or UNI game might not be played in a season, that will be weird. Maybe in those years, we can schedule a non-conference game with whoever is left off the conference schedule.
    The Eastern schools could be pulling a fast one where we they get to miss out on 2 of NDSU, SDSU, UNI, USD, UND. I'm sure whomever misses 2 of the 3 of NDSU, SDSU, and UNI would absolutely love that.
    Hail Hydra.

But but I thought it was the slummit???

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    But but I thought it was the slummit???
    Yeah, there are still plenty of people complaining about it. Not sure why. It makes way more sense from a travel and rivalry standpoint. I have enjoyed watching some of the Big Sky competition. MT is always solid. Weber is a perennial power. I think people will adjust quickly. Just need to get to know the new competition and their players.

I'm all for UND in the Summit, but I'm not a fan of them joining the MVFC.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

It makes sense to have them in the Summit, but MVFC no need for them.

Tired of always having to take care of little brother.

I hope MVFC seriously considers going to a 9 game conference schedule. You'd still have 3 non-cons ever other year, and gives you another solid home game ever other year. Price of B1G being poops and assures we continue to only miss one team.