Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: UND to join Summit/MVFC

Default Re: UND to join Summit/MVFC

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I do find it amazing that their fans are sad to join a league that has a conference tournament that packs in fans at a beautiful new arena that their fans can actually drive to, has a much higher profile and reputation among people that know anything about mid-major basketball, has a league wide media deal with ESPN3 and a regional cable network and the new league also offers them rivalries that will actually be of interest to people that live in the region that their school is located in.

This is the best thing that could happen to UND MBB and WBB...They have a chance to finally be relevant again. The way some of their fans talk about the Big Sky you would think it was the Pac 12 when in reality it is similar to the Summit/MVFC but in a much worse geographic location.
    I also can't figure out what all the complaining is about. I'm pumped for it and the media coverage is a huge part. Knowing that I can stream games through a reliable source like ESPN3 is awesome. Big sky is currently using Eversports, which has not been good. UND hockey at least has the NCHC TV app on Roku and Apple TV which has been terrific. Looking forward to getting some more use out of my Roku for Football and Basketball.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I do find it amazing that their fans are sad to join a league that has a conference tournament that packs in fans at a beautiful new arena that their fans can actually drive to, has a much higher profile and reputation among people that know anything about mid-major basketball, has a league wide media deal with ESPN3 and a regional cable network and the new league also offers them rivalries that will actually be of interest to people that live in the region that their school is located in.

This is the best thing that could happen to UND MBB and WBB...They have a chance to finally be relevant again. The way some of their fans talk about the Big Sky you would think it was the Pac 12 when in reality it is similar to the Summit/MVFC but in a much worse geographic location.
    Big Sky is a much better name for a conference, I will say that. I have always thought Summit was a stupid name for a Midwest conference.

That's all I've got.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Big Sky is a much better name for a conference, I will say that. I have always thought Summit was a stupid name for a Midwest conference.

That's all I've got.
    Well we could go back to the NCC I suppose since the band is now pretty much back together.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by UND-92 View Post
    Your Quote "Funny how they always aspire to be like NDSU" is completely , 100% wrong. I do respect how well NDSU Football and Men's BB have done over the last 8+ years, but NDSU went D1 because UND was beating them at almost every sport the previous 10-12 years prior to their move up. UND was already D1 in Hockey, their signature sport, so many already considered UND a D1 school. Su couldn't beat them on the field or on the court so they moved up to get away from UND. Once other schools from D111 started moving up to D11, UND then moved up to D1 as D11 was getting watered down. In hind sight, most people agree UND and USD should have moved up with the SU's. If that had happened then, they all would have been in the same conference. This move only gets them all together again 10 years later. I personally like the Big Sky, but the travel is just too much. This move is 100% because of financial savings and easier/less travel costs. I will also enjoy driving 3-5 hours to some games in the future, where I could not do that in the Big Sky.
    Officially the dumbest thing I read today
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Without a doubt Bubba is going to have to up his game to get the right kids in the trenches. That first conference game at UNI for Bohl was an eye opener.

Hell UND went 8-0 in the BSC this year and should have lost to a 7th place MVFC USD team at home!
    This^^^ I'd say they have a 50-50 chance of beating Mo State and Indiana State, and they get their asses handed to them by the rest of the conference.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Your Quote "Funny how they always aspire to be like NDSU" is completely , 100% wrong. I do respect how well NDSU Football and Men's BB have done over the last 8+ years, but NDSU went D1 because UND was beating them at almost every sport the previous 10-12 years prior to their move up. UND was already D1 in Hockey, their signature sport, so many already considered UND a D1 school. Su couldn't beat them on the field or on the court so they moved up to get away from UND. Once other schools from D111 started moving up to D11, UND then moved up to D1 as D11 was getting watered down. In hind sight, most people agree UND and USD should have moved up with the SU's. If that had happened then, they all would have been in the same conference. This move only gets them all together again 10 years later. I personally like the Big Sky, but the travel is just too much. This move is 100% because of financial savings and easier/less travel costs. I will also enjoy driving 3-5 hours to some games in the future, where I could not do that in the Big Sky.
    Anyone want to nominate this one for the preposterous post tourney? I think I've got a winner here folks.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

So any of you mouth breathing blowhards ready to agree with the rest of us that moving up to FBS is the right move? NDSU should be campaigning HAM right now to get FBS leagues to open their eyes.

the rest will fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    So any of you mouth breathing blowhards ready to agree with the rest of us that moving up to FBS is the right move? NDSU should be campaigning HAM right now to get FBS leagues to open their eyes.

Ahhhhh!!!! Stop already!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Star2volley has released a statement...

http://csnbbs.com/thread-806563-post...ml#pid14027829
    He's still going:

No word on the MVFC vote today. No media leaks or anything.

Still say this was a ruse by our President, who was a former politician and businessman, to show that the MVFC is still closed to us. It will open up a third way, the WAC, with a Big Sky - WAC realignment. We never would have dropped baseball last spring if we were serious about the Slummit, which badly needs more baseball teams to ensure a dance ticket, and one doesn't pre-announce votes unless one knows the end result.

The legislature would have been torqued if we went our own separate way without proving the Slummit / MVFC are not options but are always happy if a U reduces costs. Our football has to have a home, which the MVFC has historically been not interested in providing and we would make 11, which is a hard number to schedule at the FCS level and introduce serious schedule imbalances. Would Mo St have to play all the Dakota schools, and not play two Illinois or Ohio ones. The MAC area schools didn't want NDSU, because they would have to fly there, rather than bus.

A "no" vote means our President wins big time with our legislature and even some of our fans when he helps scrape together a Great Plains conference that was formerly the WAC.
    http://csnbbs.com/thread-806563-post...ml#pid14031810

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post

I'm ready.