Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: UND to join Summit/MVFC

Default Re: UND to join Summit/MVFC

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I dont see how they end up being any worse than USD
    Sometimes it takes a while to get your sh*t in order. Going from the Great West to the MVFC was a leap. We stepped into a conference that was in the midst of one of the greatest runs an FCS conference has ever had. I'd say we finally got it together and are heading in the right direction. The next two years will be huge for the Coyote football program and we're expecting good things.

As far as the Summit goes, WBB has won the regular season last two years and currently sits at the top of the conference, MBB is currently in second, VB is at the top, T&F is a top of the league program, all new athletic facilities. I'd say USD is doing just fine right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    UND was already trying to be an anti-Big Sky, and more like a Valley team by focusing on running the ball and defense. It will be interesting to see if and when they will get that to Valley standards. What will be interesting is now UND's recruiting footprint will change. Sure, they recruit locally; but having to battle USD, SDSU, and big brother NDSU for local recruits won't be easy. But hey, a recruiting trip to an assistant coach's garage to show them the Nickel will be a huge recruiting advantage...
    It was mentioned earlier in this thread but is worth mentioning again, following USD recruiting we seem to compete with SDSU, NDSU, and UNI for many of the same recruits. I sometimes see UND in the mix but not that often. If UND is going to compete in the MVFC their recruiting is going to have to change, isn't it? There's only so many "MVFC" type recruits in this footprint and if UND isn't going after them then what are they going to compete with? I think there is going to be another adjustment period coming for UND football as they enter the conference.

Here's an awesome 2 hour marathon talking about this on Bison1660 today. Must listen
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2017-full-show

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by UND-92 View Post
    Your Quote "Funny how they always aspire to be like NDSU" is completely , 100% wrong. I do respect how well NDSU Football and Men's BB have done over the last 8+ years, but NDSU went D1 because UND was beating them at almost every sport the previous 10-12 years prior to their move up. UND was already D1 in Hockey, their signature sport, so many already considered UND a D1 school. Su couldn't beat them on the field or on the court so they moved up to get away from UND. Once other schools from D111 started moving up to D11, UND then moved up to D1 as D11 was getting watered down. In hind sight, most people agree UND and USD should have moved up with the SU's. If that had happened then, they all would have been in the same conference. This move only gets them all together again 10 years later. I personally like the Big Sky, but the travel is just too much. This move is 100% because of financial savings and easier/less travel costs. I will also enjoy driving 3-5 hours to some games in the future, where I could not do that in the Big Sky.
    This post is absolutely hilarious and delusional. It belongs in the preposterous statements thread.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I do find it amazing that their fans are sad to join a league that has a conference tournament that packs in fans at a beautiful new arena that their fans can actually drive to, has a much higher profile and reputation among people that know anything about mid-major basketball, has a league wide media deal with ESPN3 and a regional cable network and the new league also offers them rivalries that will actually be of interest to people that live in the region that their school is located in.

This is the best thing that could happen to UND MBB and WBB...They have a chance to finally be relevant again. The way some of their fans talk about the Big Sky you would think it was the Pac 12 when in reality it is similar to the Summit/MVFC but in a much worse geographic location.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I do find it amazing that their fans are sad to join a league that has a conference tournament that packs in fans at a beautiful new arena that their fans can actually drive to, has a much higher profile and reputation among people that know anything about mid-major basketball, has a league wide media deal with ESPN3 and a regional cable network and the new league also offers them rivalries that will actually be of interest to people that live in the region that their school is located in.

This is the best thing that could happen to UND MBB and WBB...They have a chance to finally be relevant again. The way some of their fans talk about the Big Sky you would think it was the Pac 12 when in reality it is similar to the Summit/MVFC but in a much worse geographic location.
    Where was the Big Sky Championship held again last year? I vaguely remember it being somewhat comical.

Nevermind... found it, Reno!

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Sometimes it takes a while to get your sh*t in order. Going from the Great West to the MVFC was a leap. We stepped into a conference that was in the midst of one of the greatest runs an FCS conference has ever had. I'd say we finally got it together and are heading in the right direction. The next two years will be huge for the Coyote football program and we're expecting good things.

As far as the Summit goes, WBB has won the regular season last two years and currently sits at the top of the conference, MBB is currently in second, VB is at the top, T&F is a top of the league program, all new athletic facilities. I'd say USD is doing just fine right now.
    Agreed. Even improved your facilities; Administration mindset seems to be on board as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    We went DI because of UND. This guy is either funny or stupid. I'm guessing stupid in a funny sort of way...
    There are a bunch of chinooks over at SS that actually believe that. So the option of funny or stupid can be summed up as both with delusion thrown in as well.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    We went DI because of UND. This guy is either funny or stupid. I'm guessing stupid in a funny sort of way...
    How about stupid in a sad, almost tragic, way? That would be a good description of UND athletics since NDSU moved to DI.

Quote Originally Posted by UND-92 View Post
    Your Quote "Funny how they always aspire to be like NDSU" is completely , 100% wrong. I do respect how well NDSU Football and Men's BB have done over the last 8+ years, but NDSU went D1 because UND was beating them at almost every sport the previous 10-12 years prior to their move up. UND was already D1 in Hockey, their signature sport, so many already considered UND a D1 school. Su couldn't beat them on the field or on the court so they moved up to get away from UND. Once other schools from D111 started moving up to D11, UND then moved up to D1 as D11 was getting watered down. In hind sight, most people agree UND and USD should have moved up with the SU's. If that had happened then, they all would have been in the same conference. This move only gets them all together again 10 years later. I personally like the Big Sky, but the travel is just too much. This move is 100% because of financial savings and easier/less travel costs. I will also enjoy driving 3-5 hours to some games in the future, where I could not do that in the Big Sky.
    So much crazy talk in one paragraph that looks like 10 LBS of monkey crap stuck in a 5 LBS bag. Not many sports fans care too much about college or minor league hockey, and I'm sure nobody who knows about Union considers them a DI school. Don't believe me, just look at the ratings and/or a map of DI hockey schools.

Your school's obsession with a niche sport is hilarious. But hey, if you guys are determined to be the tallest midget, go for it.
    Hail the BISON!!!