Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: UND to join Summit/MVFC

Default Re: UND to join Summit/MVFC

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yeah I'm not referring to UND as making it better. Just in general the Dakota schools have elevated the league.
    Indisputable. The 3 Dakota schools have dominated the Summit and its not even close. Plus they have put money into facilities.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    Sure, the MVC has a much better basketball history. But I had to laugh a couple years ago when Wichita State made the Final Four. They said it was the first time a MVC team had made the Final Four since 1979. 1979!!!. I think that is the Larry Bird era. I think he's collecting Social Security now. So the other 4 times are pre-1979, correct me if I am wrong.

Just think the trajectory for the Summit is more upward than the MVC right now. The Summit will now be a conference that's controlled by the Dakota's and will be able to be choosier about new members from now on. I think by adding UND, they are setting up the MVFC for two divisions with Wichita State starting football in the next couple years.

MVFC - West
    NDSU
    SDSU
    UND
    USD
    Wichita State
    UNI

MVFC - East
    Illinois State
    Indiana State
    SIU
    WIU
    MSU
    YSU

My personal opinion is that Elgin (MVC commissioner) should have raided the Summit of all its football members and made an all-sports MVC, but I think that ship has sailed.
    that would be terrible, East should just be called the cupcake division
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I can't help but think there has to be something else going on here with the about face of the MVFC's stance on expansion but I sure hope that east/west division isn't it.

I wonder if YSU has hinted about leaving for the CAA or MAC? Maybe ISUb is thinking of shuttering the FB program? MSU courting the Sunbelt again?

I hope so.

9 teams is ideal. 10 is bad. 11 is worse.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

I can't help but think there has to be something else going on here with the about face of the MVFC's stance on expansion but I sure hope that east/west division isn't it.

I wonder if YSU has hinted about leaving for the CAA or MAC? Maybe ISUb is thinking of shuttering the FB program? MSU courting the Sunbelt again?
    If I had to bet, it would be ISUb bowing out
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    MVFC - West
    NDSU
    SDSU
    UND
    USD
    Wichita State
    UNI

MVFC - East
    Illinois State
    Indiana State
    SIU
    WIU
    MSU
    YSU
    Swap MSU and UNI to try and even things out a bit.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I agree. The east is weak, but as we all know teams ascend and descend the competitive ladder all the time. My hypothetical is pretty much based on geography.

I also agree with the other posters that something maybe afoot with these schools:
    YSU - location
    MSU - desire to be FBS
    Indiana State - weak program
    WIU- budget problems

Just hope the MVFC is putting more bullets in their magazine so they can weather the realignment battle that is coming.

YSU has wanted to go to the MAC for a long time (for as long as NDSU has been DI). Example: http://csnbbs.com/thread-151789.html

Sure, adding UND will make YSU even more eager to leave, but their eagerness to leave has nothing to do with them getting an invitation to a different conference. The MAC has never shown any interest in adding them, and the CAA has, if possible, shown even less interest.

Hell all of the Illinois Schools have to be on the docket.

SH#T is getting real in Peoria!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

funniest thing I read last night some place.....How can one school swapping conferences make two conferences worse?

The days of Cal Poly and Weber state being resume building wins are over. Now you are going to strap it on every week. Adding them to the summit is a no brainer.

My biggest complaint, the Summit has been viewed as crap by them for years, now it is a great home. Big Sky was always an equal to the Mo Valley in their eyes...now they are going to the best league in the country. Don't bad mouth things, and then beg/follow. We go D1. They don't. We add cost of attendance, 6 days later they do, with admittedly no plan. Then they have to cancel sports, or don't they, they don't even know. Just doing what it takes to compete in football, but wait, we don't need cost of attendance (Faison initially said it was only needed in hockey....Fargo Forum article). It is just comedy hour to watch one school provide leadership and vision and the other literally put their tail between their legs and follow. Every week in the valley. Gonna have to win some recruiting battles.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.