Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: UND to join Summit/MVFC

Default Re: UND to join Summit/MVFC

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Big Sky is a much better name for a conference, I will say that. I have always thought Summit was a stupid name for a Midwest conference.

That's all I've got.
    Maybe we could change it to something more representative of the landscape of it's membership? How about The Slough?

Oh, and UND, you're welcome. Once again you benefit by riding on our coattails.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Maybe we could change it to something more representative of the landscape of it's membership? How about The Slough?

Oh, and UND, you're welcome. Once again you benefit by riding on our coattails.
    The best part? They KNOW it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by UND-92 View Post
    Your Quote "Funny how they always aspire to be like NDSU" is completely , 100% wrong. I do respect how well NDSU Football and Men's BB have done over the last 8+ years, but NDSU went D1 because UND was beating them at almost every sport the previous 10-12 years prior to their move up. UND was already D1 in Hockey, their signature sport, so many already considered UND a D1 school. Su couldn't beat them on the field or on the court so they moved up to get away from UND. Once other schools from D111 started moving up to D11, UND then moved up to D1 as D11 was getting watered down. In hind sight, most people agree UND and USD should have moved up with the SU's. If that had happened then, they all would have been in the same conference. This move only gets them all together again 10 years later. I personally like the Big Sky, but the travel is just too much. This move is 100% because of financial savings and easier/less travel costs. I will also enjoy driving 3-5 hours to some games in the future, where I could not do that in the Big Sky.
    Alternative Facts
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I thought the vote was supposed to be yesterday? Are they having more difficulty convincing the MVFC than they assumed?

Done deal. Sorry Siouxvolley

Valley Football ‏@ValleyFootball 16m16 minutes ago
    More
    .@UNDfootball will join @ValleyFootball for the 2020 season, announced just moments ago. Membership will be at 11 schools for the #MVFC.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Done deal. Sorry Siouxvolley

Valley Football ‏@ValleyFootball 16m16 minutes ago
    More
    .@UNDfootball will join @ValleyFootball for the 2020 season, announced just moments ago. Membership will be at 11 schools for the #MVFC.

Nice pic...showing the F'n Hawks below the Valley. Symbolic.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Fhawk.....

Lardsin must go!

For as much as I hate that garbage University I thing it's a good thing.

- Their volleyball will vault to among the top of the Summit. Unfortunately.
    - I think their football team can compete. I'm not sure if under Bubba they will ever have a good enough offense to be a perennial concern.
    - I think their basketball team is going to have to change the way they recruit to be competitive every year. Those little undisciplined explosive players they bring in every year is going to have a hard time guarding anyone for 40 minutes game after game.

Local media gets to overdose on click bait for the foreseeable future. I'm already tired of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    For as much as I hate that garbage University I thing it's a good thing.

- Their volleyball will vault to among the top of the Summit. Unfortunately.
    - I think their football team can compete. I'm not sure if under Bubba they will ever have a good enough offense to be a perennial concern.
    - I think their basketball team is going to have to change the way they recruit to be competitive every year. Those little undisciplined explosive players they bring in every year is going to have a hard time guarding anyone for 40 minutes game after game.
    Good post.

Especially agree with the basketball recruiting, in terms of being competitive every year. UND teams seem to be pretty cyclical in their success. Every 3 years or so, they seem to have a really legit team. Some of it comes down to coaching too. Not the biggest fan of Brian Jones, but this years team has been pretty fun to watch. Seeing as we have this year and next year before we are conference foes, I'm still pulling for 2 North Dakota teams to make the tourney.