Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: UND to join Summit/MVFC

Default Re: UND to join Summit/MVFC

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    funniest thing I read last night some place.....How can one school swapping conferences make two conferences worse?

The days of Cal Poly and Weber state being resume building wins are over. Now you are going to strap it on every week. Adding them to the summit is a no brainer.

My biggest complaint, the Summit has been viewed as crap by them for years, now it is a great home. Big Sky was always an equal to the Mo Valley in their eyes...now they are going to the best league in the country. Don't bad mouth things, and then beg/follow. We go D1. They don't. We add cost of attendance, 6 days later they do, with admittedly no plan. Then they have to cancel sports, or don't they, they don't even know. Just doing what it takes to compete in football, but wait, we don't need cost of attendance (Faison initially said it was only needed in hockey....Fargo Forum article). It is just comedy hour to watch one school provide leadership and vision and the other literally put their tail between their legs and follow. Every week in the valley. Gonna have to win some recruiting battles.
    Refresh my memory, Burgundy, is the kid from Parshal the only kid they ever scored over NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    that would be terrible, East should just be called the cupcake division
    Snowflake Division. A MVFC with this setup would be terrible. It better not come to that.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Refresh my memory, Burgundy, is the kid from Parshal the only kid they ever scored over NDSU?
    Since D1...it hasn't been pretty. But everyone knows that. Their transition was Mussed over...we became the greatest dynasty in the history of college football. Recruiting is the life of a program. My point is, the valley is for men. In my opinion the Big sky was a joke, and I think it will be very evident now that UND has left. Big Sky has had a rich tradition, but it just awful minus Eastern Washington who simply cannot trip over themselves come crunch time. It will be fun for sure. We almost never recruit against them is the truth, and I find that almost bizarre. We always recruit against SDSU and UNI, never against UND. We load up on lineman early, with kids with a ton of offers, it is CRITICAL in the valley. Starts up front.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

funniest thing I read last night some place.....How can one school swapping conferences make two conferences worse?

The days of Cal Poly and Weber state being resume building wins are over. Now you are going to strap it on every week. Adding them to the summit is a no brainer.

My biggest complaint, the Summit has been viewed as crap by them for years, now it is a great home. Big Sky was always an equal to the Mo Valley in their eyes...now they are going to the best league in the country. Don't bad mouth things, and then beg/follow. We go D1. They don't. We add cost of attendance, 6 days later they do, with admittedly no plan. Then they have to cancel sports, or don't they, they don't even know. Just doing what it takes to compete in football, but wait, we don't need cost of attendance (Faison initially said it was only needed in hockey....Fargo Forum article). It is just comedy hour to watch one school provide leadership and vision and the other literally put their tail between their legs and follow. Every week in the valley. Gonna have to win some recruiting battles.
    Trust me, not everyone felt this way. I guess I still don't understand that thinking. BSC has a few good teams, usually MT and Weber, with a 3rd or 4 team usually rotating in every other year as competitive. I don't know enough about the teams in the Summit, but I know NDSU and SDSU have certainly had some good years. Overall, I'm pretty sure the Summit has has more success than the BSC when it comes to conference ratings and big wins, including tourney wins; with NDSU having a hand in several of those.

Since D1...it hasn't been pretty. But everyone knows that. Their transition was Mussed over...we became the greatest dynasty in the history of college football. Recruiting is the life of a program. My point is, the valley is for men. In my opinion the Big sky was a joke, and I think it will be very evident now that UND has left. Big Sky has had a rich tradition, but it just awful minus Eastern Washington who simply cannot trip over themselves come crunch time. It will be fun for sure. We almost never recruit against them is the truth, and I find that almost bizarre. We always recruit against SDSU and UNI, never against UND. We load up on lineman early, with kids with a ton of offers, it is CRITICAL in the valley. Starts up front.
    Without a doubt Bubba is going to have to up his game to get the right kids in the trenches. That first conference game at UNI for Bohl was an eye opener.

Hell UND went 8-0 in the BSC this year and should have lost to a 7th place MVFC USD team at home!

Nailed this part for sure. NDSU always has great lineman. Something UND absolutely needs to improve on. Especially in the valley and especially if they want to be a dominant run team, which Bubba has stressed. Thought we had something special with Grady last season, unfortunately that didn't work out. Definitely need to keep pickin up better lineman, and add depth.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    It hasn't been many. I'm just going off memory. The Wisthoff kid from Glenburn, Jameer Jackson, I'm thinking maybe Oliviera but not sure if we ever actually offered. Might be a few more.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    It hasn't been many. I'm just going off memory. The Wisthoff kid from Glenburn, Jameer Jackson, I'm thinking maybe Oliviera but not sure if we ever actually offered. Might be a few more.
    Wistoff kid was never going to go to NDSU, whole family is UND, Brother played for them in the 2000's

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    UND brings stability, but make it better? I'm not convinced of that.
    UND does improve the conference overall. It's better than an alphabet soup type school. More potential, which isn't always a good thing for NDSU though

Don't get me wrong. I'm not upset about UND joining the Summit/MFVC.

I wouldn't have objected to them being completely incompetent for another 15 years, but, hey, don't cry because it's over, laugh because it happened.

I do, however, completely reject the idea that this is great for NDSU. Heck, it's a stretch to claim that it's even marginally good for NDSU. On the flip side, only idiots would argue that this isn't best thing to happen to UND's athletic department in 15 years. If you want to cling to the hope that UND will somehow screw this up, you've got to pray that the same idiots that fought DI and picked the Big Sky will be triumphant once more. Idiocy, I fear, is like any other natural resource in that it's not infinite, and I'm afraid that, in the end, UND just ran out of dickwittery.