Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Oral Roberts Wed 1/25 @ The Shac

Default Re: Oral Roberts Wed 1/25 @ The Shac

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Could it have anything to do with where their seats are at? The students went from behind the NDSU bench to behind the end line. I realize the money part, but they got screwed big time in where their seats went to.
    Yeah i am sure they mis sweating their asses off. Screwed....not so much. Btw, i see students sitting all over. ET And his bunch were over on the othe side of the end court.

Could it have anything to do with where their seats are at? The students went from behind the NDSU bench to behind the end line. I realize the money part, but they got screwed big time in where their seats went to.
    Certainly could be but anything in the lower bowl is close to the action. Also tons of schools seat their student section in the endzone, so its not like its some uncommon thing.

lots of places have students behind the end line. They make it fun. Rome wasn't built in a day.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Few things:
    -Owens was unstoppable in the first half. In the second, NDSU switched to double him every time he got the ball down low and THAT is why we caught up and won. We forced ORU to trust the rest of their guys and it didnt work.
    -What a game for Dex! Guy is all hustle all the time and just will do anything it takes to win
    -Tyson Ward coming out party?? Massive dunk sparked the team. Then there was the one cross court pass to him that went high and he caught it while in the air and snap-zipped a sick pass to Dex under the hoop. Then he came right back down and drilled a huge 3? He still made some silly freshman mistakes but wow did he impress me. Just seems to have the it factor any future star needs.

As they said in the post game show- if you have not come out to a game, you must come see Dex. He has 4 games left at home. He is special. All the kids around me want to know when Dex is coming out. The crowd lights up when he checks in.
    It was great to see future players tonite. Each game is better than the last.
    Under the basket game was fun. The refs were not.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

So did we win? I just got to Tulsa Oklahoma and asked a few people and nobody even realizes they have a division 1 basketball team...

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    May be they tried and nobody wanted to go? Or some bought tickets to help support the program like I did but live 2-3 hours away and cant make all the games. Unless the game is a sellout with people hanging on the rafters I dont see whats so frustrating.
    Support means more than buying season tickets. Home crowd butts in the seats support means way more to the team than season ticket holders who don't regularly attend games. The Bison could use an additional ticket option on their website that ties into their existing system where season ticket holders can post their tickets for re-sale electronically. Bison tack on a dollar fee and pockets that, season ticket holders get some money back on games they can't attend, and more people actually end up at the game. I guarantee this will help solve some of the problems unless those lazy season ticket holders still just sit on their ass with their tickets laying on the counter. I don't make every game either but I ALWAYS find friends, family, or co-workers that can use them and are ecstatic about it. Sometimes I try to supplement my season tickets with additional tickets and there are no good seats available(still buy the scattered tickets on the ends btw). Then I go to the game and there are all these empty mid-court seats and that is the frustrating part. Those that are worried about supporting the Bison financially just donate to one of the many funds out there for that specific reason.

With that all being said it was a solid turnout tonight at 4300 and change. Not sure if that is paid or gate attendance? The crowd got into it when they needed to. Lets pack the SHAC for the last 4 home games. Bison nation is fortunate because look around the other home courts and their attendance and our bitching could stop relatively quickly. The Bison have to be toward the top of the Summit in that category but we are not an ordinary Summit team and nor should our fans be either. Way to fight back Boys and awesome job at the FT line tonight to seal the deal. Keep grinding and getting better fellas, we are behind you until the end!

Wow great to see what Tyson provided us.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Wow great to see what Tyson provided us.
    I think that kid grew up tonight. He's going to be a star in the Summit League going forward. Color me greatly impressed. We need some low post presence going forward and we will be a force. We are in the driver's seat right now, let's hope we can finish strong.

I have SO much fun at games. Quite possibly more than football games. Apparently, not all bisonville members appreciate my trash talking of the refs/players. Quite frankly, I don't give a shit. If you have a problem with me ribbing the refs and opposing players, maybe you should go back to soccer. That crowd is as stagnant as pond scum, I'm just doing my part to get people around me fired up. It doesn't always work, but everyone seems to be ok with my energy. Have had a lot of compliments from "older" fans after the game for our excitement.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    The lack of a student section just amazes me...and its not because they don't show up. Another game where the student section was nearly full but yet they just sit down and make zero noise. I recall even in our bad years post Woodside and company the Student section was always engaged and making an impact on the game. Wonder what gives?
    Thanks to Bisonator
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant