Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Oral Roberts Wed 1/25 @ The Shac

Default Re: Oral Roberts Wed 1/25 @ The Shac

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    diid playing off campus 2 years harm the Students and BBall games??
    That's my take away from the games I've attended.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Why would anyone care if you jump the refs and jab the opposing team?
    No kidding...the four rows around me do the same thing. All over the ref snd players.

Where do u sit

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Few things:
    -Owens was unstoppable in the first half. In the second, NDSU switched to double him every time he got the ball down low and THAT is why we caught up and won. We forced ORU to trust the rest of their guys and it didnt work.
    -What a game for Dex! Guy is all hustle all the time and just will do anything it takes to win
    -Tyson Ward coming out party?? Massive dunk sparked the team. Then there was the one cross court pass to him that went high and he caught it while in the air and snap-zipped a sick pass to Dex under the hoop. Then he came right back down and drilled a huge 3? He still made some silly freshman mistakes but wow did he impress me. Just seems to have the it factor any future star needs.
    They also started going after owens on offense which put him in foul trouble.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    The lack of a student section just amazes me...and its not because they don't show up. Another game where the student section was nearly full but yet they just sit down and make zero noise. I recall even in our bad years post Woodside and company the Student section was always engaged and making an impact on the game. Wonder what gives?
    To me it's a lack of leadership. Maybe students are becoming to dependent on someone in a yellow suit to tell them what to do? You shouldn't need a person in suit to tell you to at least stand. IMO it's a lack of students that can lead and motivate everyone else. I do believe that the two year hiatus had a negative effect on the students. The only class that had any experience in the old BSA student section would be the current seniors. It's still a poor excuse, but maybe it has something to do with the complete apathy I've seen.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the reason the student section is a bunch of milk drinkers is that when we head TWO seasons down at the Scheels Arena, students found it hard to access, and didn't bother showing up.

All the upper classmen who knew what they were doing back in the BSA are gone now and the younger kids are like deer in the headlights. Not willing to do anything that may draw attention.

I agree that the end zone seating sucks for the students because they used to be at half court right behind BOTH benches. Our head coach could get them fired up and make it tough for the opposing team to even hear themselves. Just like that time Saul Phillips turned around and told the students to make a SHIT ton of noise.

The SHAC is a new arena and it will take time to build its own character and uniqueness. This isn't the BSA, don't expect the same atmosphere.

Everyone is too comfy in their padded seats to stand up. The BSA had wood benches, no complaint standing up there. /no purple?

diid playing off campus 2 years harm the Students and BBall games??
    That is part of it.

There just doesn't seem to be the "traditions" to be adhered to in basketball at this point. Students haven't the chants/rituals/reactions that a group needs to really build that feeling of "atmosphere". It may take some time for those to be developed. When I was a student in the late 90's, I can't say that were any really good defining traditions then either.

Games like last night and IPFW certainly help in that it gets the crowd into it. There was still a fair amount of knitting, but some of the knitters were making noise on defense down the stretch and I'd say that the building got pretty loud at times. I'm confident in saying that the atmosphere of the SHAC is improving... although it will still take a bit to make it self sustaining.

Another fun game to watch last night but Richman violated my biggest pet peeve about college coaches in general. Why oh why did Dylan Miller have to sit the entire duration of the 1st half after picking up his 2nd foul? I can understand him wanting to sit Dex because he knew Dex would have to be big in the 2nd half but DM averages like 12 minutes a night (and played all of 90 seconds in the 2nd half). Does it really hurt that much if he picked up a 3rd first half foul? Eliason played admirably but it's easy to see he's outmatched out there and even more of an offensive liability than DM is.

I just absolutely loathe how college coaches in general are so terrified to let a guy with 2 personal fouls on the floor in the 1st half of games, Richman included. Some stats guy should do a study on how many fouls, on average, players end up with who pick up 2 fouls in the 1st half. I bet it would be well under 4.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I think that kid grew up tonight. He's going to be a star in the Summit League going forward. Color me greatly impressed. We need some low post presence going forward and we will be a force. We are in the driver's seat right now, let's hope we can finish strong.

I have SO much fun at games. Quite possibly more than football games. Apparently, not all bisonville members appreciate my trash talking of the refs/players. Quite frankly, I don't give a shit. If you have a problem with me ribbing the refs and opposing players, maybe you should go back to soccer. That crowd is as stagnant as pond scum, I'm just doing my part to get people around me fired up. It doesn't always work, but everyone seems to be ok with my energy. Have had a lot of compliments from "older" fans after the game for our excitement.
    I'm with you. I embarrassed the hell out of my wife and daughter last Thursday yelling at #2 for FW after he picked up his technical. It was nothing vulgar but I definitely ribbed him about losing his head and was trying to get under his skin. We sit in section 109 looking right at the opposing bench so I know he could hear me. I about jumped out of my chair at the refs when they called the block on Dex last night that should've been #44's 4th personal. I really don't understand the concern some people have about ribbing the opposing team and the referees. We pay to be close to the action and that's an extra benefit that our tickets buy us. As long as it's not vulgar or condescending it's fair game IMO.

I'm in your camp, Chaos, when it come to hard-assing officials when they deserve it (our opinion, of course). I always remind my wife that it's not Sunday School.

I am all for pointing out to the refs when I feel they made a mistake. I am in sect 111 and close enough to rib the visiting team some. The FW game the last two players on the bench had sweatpants on and I was able to get one to respond to me. He never got in the game but he knew I was there. He laughed every time I yelled sweatpants. For the life of me I do not know why the refs don't sit in my seat and ref from there. I always have the perfect angle on every play. I never miss a call.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Pretty sure both Miller and Dex sat the rest of the first half because their fouls were picked up so early. I agreed with them sitting last night.

-When did Khy learn how to shoot the 3?
    -Dylan Miller's defense has really come on. I like he knows what type of player he is, and that he isn't explosive enough to contest defensively. Does a great job doing work early to get blocks before the ball even gets up out of his reach.
    - AJ getting confidence with ball in his hand back is nice.
    - Miller stayed in mentally. He's still a liability in transition defense but he's turned into a pretty good on ball defender.
    - I love Tyson Ward. That kid could play on my team any day of the week. Excellent team player.
    - Werner just carries this team when he needs them too. Just a completely different element. Enjoy it while you can because that will be sorely missed next year.
    - Would really like to see Eliason get more minutes, there just isn't any more to go around really. Geu needs more too.
    - NDSU's team defense is just really awesome to watch. Game after game. The way they help each other and team rebound is just on another level from the other conference teams.