Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2017 Season

Default Re: 2017 Season

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    The Bison men are sending 2 Track & Field athletes and the women's team is also sending 2 (in 3 events) to the NCAA Nationals:

1. Matti Mortimore in the JAVELIN. He ranks 3rd with a 2017 best of: 254' 2". The top ranked thrower is that Greek stud, Ioannis Kyriazis from Texas A & M (288' 9")

2. Alex Renner has qualified in the SHOT PUT. He ranks 12th nationally thanks to his school record heave in the Summit Championships (64' 4 1/2").

3. Katelyn Weimerskirch is sitting at #16 in the Women's HAMMER THROW. Her best of the season thus far is: 207' 3".

4. Katelyn has also qualified in the DISCUS. Her best throw of the season is 180' 11". That ranks her 20th in the country.

5. Alyssa Olin is a Women's JAVELIN qualifier. She ranks at #11 with a season best 174' 5".
    I think there will be quite a few more than this.

Both the East and West regions take the top 48 in each event except the relays (which take the top 24, I believe) and possibly the multi-events (which I think also take the top 24). If the East and West are perfectly balanced, then someone in the top 96 of tfrrs.org will be going to the NCAAs. If the West is stronger than the East, then someone will have be better than the top 96, etc.

For example, both Alexis Woods and Morgan Milbraith are in the top 50 (okay, top 51) of the 400m. So they will surely go to the West Region.
    Morgan has also qualified for the 400m Hurdles.
    In the Women's hammer throw, NDSU has FIVE, yes FIVE throwers in the Top 86.
    Stroh will be going.
    There are quite a few others.

(if the NCAA changed the process, or I am simply wrong, then there maybe won't be quite a few more people.)

The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    I think there will be quite a few more than this.

Both the East and West regions take the top 48 in each event except the relays (which take the top 24, I believe)
    Sorry everyone. I grabbed the info off of a top 20 performer's list.

I'm an eeeediottt. (that's my daily homage to Slicky)

http://www.inforum.com/node/4287770/

Wow. Olin gets 6th in the Jav! Who saw that coming?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nice job Alyssa! Riley Dolezal wins the men's Javelin but needs to get a qualifying mark. Nilsen the freshman from South Dakota vaults 18'10" to qualify for London!