Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Season

Default Re: 2017 Season

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJump View Post
    Stacey Robinson, Robert Blakely, John Bodine, Mike Eckroth. Just a few among many others.
    There certainly has been some sprinters throughout ndsu history, but there is usually some space between the good ones. We win the conference with throwers, middle distamce runners, and jumpers. This year we did it without jumpers. The multi is also a strength.

We have never been a sprint power, so I am more concerned about the lack of jumpers. We have our former jumps coach to blame.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Muchos felicidades por Renner y Jackson.

Great job folks for qualifying for the Indoor Div I NCAAs. Very impressive.
    Also very impressive that NDSU has had at least one person go for several years in a row now.

Best of luck to them and may they have a great meet and may they win All-American status.

Rose Jackson is making the most of her NCAA Division I Championships in the Penthathlon.

She is presently in 10th place, so two places out of First Team All-American.
    How has she done so far in the Pentathlon events?
    -- 60M Hurdles - 8.77 seconds (New PB. Prior all-time best was 9.05)
    -- High Jump - 1.60 meters (5' 3") (Best is 1.64m)
    -- Shot Put - 12.78 meters (41' 11-1/4") (New PB. Prior all-time best was 12.75m)
    -- Long Jump - 6.09 meters (19' 3/4") (New PB. Prior all-time best was 6.08)
    -- 800M - not run yet.

Her present point total is 3285, with one event left. Her school record score is 4077.

Her best 800m is 2:15. If she runs this again, she will get about 900 points, and this will give her a new school record in the Indoor Pentathlon.
    If she runs a 2:22 she will still get about 800 points, which will still give her a new school record (or close to it).

A 2:15 800m by a Pentathlete is a really good time. I don't know how good her competition is, but I doubt there are more than a couple of women who can do this in the field, so she will likely (IMO) move up a few spots after the 800m is done, if she runs somewhere near her best.

Rose Jackson runs 2:17.57 in the NCAA pentathlon 800 meter. She jumped into 8th place in the final event.

ALL-AMERICAN!!

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Rose Jackson runs 2:17.57 in the NCAA pentathlon 800 meter. She jumped into 8th place in the final event.

ALL-AMERICAN!!
    She is amazing
    Keep it going
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Rose entered the NCAA Championships with the 16th best Pentathlon score. She finishes in 8th place.
    Tremendous achievement. Best jump in the rankings of any of the competitors.
    (Just checked, she would be #3 all-time University of MN. Ironically, #1 all-time at the UM is Jess Lehman who is from Dickinson ND).

Alex Renner got 11th in the Shot. Good for 2nd Team All-American.
    Last edited by Buffalo.Rider; 03-11-2017 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Rose entered the NCAA Championships with the 16th best Pentathlon score. She finishes in 8th place.
    Tremendous achievement. Best jump in the rankings of any of the competitors.
    (Just checked, she would be #3 all-time University of MN. Ironically, #1 all-time at the UM is Jess Lehman who is from Dickinson ND).

Alex Renner got 11th in the Shot. Good for 2nd Team All-American.
    Outstanding! Wow, Rose really stepped it up!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Matti Mortimore launched the javelin 253' 1" this past Saturday in Arizona.

This is the nation's top throw in the early part of the outdoor season!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Matti Mortimore launched the javelin 253' 1" this past Saturday in Arizona.

This is the nation's top throw in the early part of the outdoor season!
    Not bad. Check out the NDSU top 10, 4 of the top 10 throws were set at the Baldy Castillo meet. Kind of odd that many of the top 10 throws happened early season.

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Not bad. Check out the NDSU top 10, 4 of the top 10 throws were set at the Baldy Castillo meet. Kind of odd that many of the top 10 throws happened early season.

It could be a favorable place to throw due to wind, altitude,
    and even terrain. I know that throwers like to go to Modesto. Locally the throwers like to go to Jamestown since they basically throw downhill.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.