Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Do we have a coach on staff who is ready to be head coach?

Default Re: Do we have a coach on staff who is ready to be head coach?

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Does he continue or not continue to run bonehead plays?
    Bone headed plays are bone headed if they don't work. Kind of a hero or zero type thing. Remember when Champion ruffed the punter against Georgia Southern in 2012? Bohl was hot about that one. He should have had it and would have been a hero. I always wondered if they had a call to not take a chance on that one since we were moving the ball and would have had excellent field position.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Does he continue or not continue to run bonehead plays?
    That play wasn't one of them. In his case I'm not fully sure what to think. You could probably put together a bonehead play compilation for every offense in the country. This year's offense would have won the 2011-13 and 2016 championship. This year's offense with the 11 or 13 defense probably wins it all this year

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Bone headed plays are bone headed if they don't work. Kind of a hero or zero type thing. Remember when Champion ruffed the punter against Georgia Southern in 2012? Bohl was hot about that one. He should have had it and would have been a hero. I always wondered if they had a call to not take a chance on that one since we were moving the ball and would have had excellent field position.

I remember that one. There was no reason to try for the block. Their punter wasnt that good so were should have gotten the ball at the 40 . I dont think CP recovered from that ass chewing and thats why he went to No. Ill.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I remember that one. There was no reason to try for the block. Their punter wasnt that good so were should have gotten the ball at the 40 . I dont think CP recovered from that ass chewing and thats why he went to No. Ill.
    Yeah but what was the call from the top? Was it take no chance? Champ had a free path.

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Yeah but what was the call from the top? Was it take no chance? Champ had a free path.

CP was the special teams coach. He made the call. CB came unglued.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    CP was the special teams coach. He made the call. CB came unglued.
    I bet CP made sure to him to tackle the punter and get a flag!

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    That's true.. but don't put your players in a position to make that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post