Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Do we have a coach on staff who is ready to be head coach?

Default Re: Do we have a coach on staff who is ready to be head coach?

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Two minutes left in the game against Montana and you have the best punter in football. Montana has zero timeouts. Any coach with any intelligence runs the ball three consecutive times and punts. King gets 3 yards on the first carry. Polasek can take the clock to a minute, but decides to roll out Wentz, on a bad ankle, and throw the ball on second down and again throws on 3rd.

The guy could fuck up a wet dream. A few years? Ya I don't think so.

You have never made a major mistake and learned from it. I guarantee you could find bad mistakes in both Klieman and Bohls pasts.

He is not ready now but I think in time he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    You have never made a major mistake and learned from it. I guarantee you could find bad mistakes in both Klieman and Bohls pasts.

And I'd love to know how Montana is only TP's fault. Coach K was more guilty for the Montana debacle.....

To answer the question as called out in the title of this thread I would have to say........No. If I had to pick someone it would be Entz.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    On the current staff? Hedberg would be the only one IMO.
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure I have, but I usually learn from them. He has not. He then, and still does not today, understand basic situational football. 3rd and 10 and running 5 yard crossing patterns over and over, like he did in the JMU game, which have about a 0% chance of being able to get a first down. Consecutive jet sweeps to the weak side of the field, which result in 0 yards and then negative yards. Pounding the shit out of Jacksonville State and ready to score, but running an unecessary trick play resulting in a turnover.

Over and over again he has shown incompetence. Over and over again he has shown the inability to make changes to the game plan when plan A isn't working. Somehow you think these traits would carry over and make him a successful head coach?

I think Bison fans are less delusional saying we could beat Alabama versus saying Tim is ready and capable of being our head coach. He should maybe be a position coach, at best.

Sure I have, but I usually learn from them. He has not. He then, and still does not today, understand basic situational football. 3rd and 10 and running 5 yard crossing patterns over and over, like he did in the JMU game, which have about a 0% chance of being able to get a first down. Consecutive jet sweeps to the weak side of the field, which result in 0 yards and then negative yards. Pounding the shit out of Jacksonville State and ready to score, but running an unecessary trick play resulting in a turnover.

Over and over again he has shown incompetence. Over and over again he has shown the inability to make changes to the game plan when plan A isn't working. Somehow you think these traits would carry over and make him a successful head coach?

I think Bison fans are less delusional saying we could beat Alabama versus saying Tim is ready and capable of being our head coach. He should maybe be a position coach, at best.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

Oh just get over the Stick to Wentz trick play already. Soooo stupid to keep complaining about that. The game was already over. It was a fun thing to try and would have been the perfect way to finish things off being it was a microcosm of the season. If they complete it it's everyones (probably including yours) favorite play of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Oh just get over the Stick to Wentz trick play already. Soooo stupid to keep complaining about that. The game was already over. It was a fun thing to try and would have been the perfect way to finish things off being it was a microcosm of the season. If they complete it it's everyones (probably including yours) favorite play of the season.
    Yeah trick plays suck unless they work

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Yeah trick plays suck unless they work

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When they work they are genius.

Personally, I love how people who don't know a damn thing about the ins and outs of football continue to insult Chris Kliemann's intelligence on his choice of coordinators.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Does he continue or not continue to run bonehead plays?