Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we have a coach on staff who is ready to be head coach?

Default Do we have a coach on staff who is ready to be head coach?

Let's face it, it is a matter of time until Coach K. moves on; it will always be this way at NDSU; we just have to accept it.

With that said, who, internally, would be ready to take the reigns if needed? When Coach Bohl moved on, I think we all knew Coach K was ready so there was no need to panic. However, I will admit I am currently not sure we have someone on staff who is ready, but I obviously don't know the inner program details like someone like Burgandy.

So, discuss. Is anyone ready now? Anyone in the next few years who could be ready?

Default Re: Do we have a coach on staff who is ready to be head coach?

Wouldn't hurt us to look outside. Klieman is a natural. I don't see that in anyone we have on staff right now.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I could see Brent Vigen coming back as HC.
    Last edited by CaBisonFan; 01-18-2017 at 06:30 PM.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I like sticking with defensive guys for the HC position. Wondering if Entz would be ready. If not, I wouldn't be opposed to looking at Hedberg. Brent Vigen would be worth a look as well. I do like keeping it amongst the crew that has seen first hand the plan that built this dynasty.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I agree that Entz should be considered when the time comes.

Opinions please...have most of the college HC positions been filled by now...or could we still lose Klieman this year?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

In my opinion, CK would consider a move to a perfect fit. Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota would be in that category. He isn't going to the MAC. The MAC is worse than the Valley just pays more, not a step up in football. Those regional positions may value what NDSU has done more than other bigtime programs. LIke Tressel going from YSU to OSU. If he did that at a different school would OSU have hired him? Not sure. CK is unique, a family man who cares about where his kids are in school, is active in their lives, has moved them once at a young age and absolutely loves and respects the position he has. Money isn't everything. I am concerned less about him leaving than I am our staff being yanked after all of this success. I have said many times, I would LOVE it if we had another million in staff budget. Get Chris to something like 750K and then bump every other guy $50,000 to $150,000. So our staff is on par with San Jose State, MAC, Mountain West, etc. That would solve this. We do everything else like FBS. We spend a billion to get to Frisco as a group, pass the hat for a million would happen quick to retain (and hire) great people.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    In my opinion, CK would consider a move to a perfect fit. Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota would be in that category. He isn't going to the MAC. The MAC is worse than the Valley just pays more, not a step up in football. Those regional positions may value what NDSU has done more than other bigtime programs. LIke Tressel going from YSU to OSU. If he did that at a different school would OSU have hired him? Not sure. CK is unique, a family man who cares about where his kids are in school, is active in their lives, has moved them once at a young age and absolutely loves and respects the position he has. Money isn't everything. I am concerned less about him leaving than I am our staff being yanked after all of this success. I have said many times, I would LOVE it if we had another million in staff budget. Get Chris to something like 750K and then bump every other guy $50,000 to $150,000. So our staff is on par with San Jose State, MAC, Mountain West, etc. That would solve this. We do everything else like FBS. We spend a billion to get to Frisco as a group, pass the hat for a million would happen quick to retain (and hire) great people.
    Thanks for the comments, Burgundy. You are not the only one who has mentioned the perfect fit things on CK, but I do think that fit if going to happen one way or another. You have any opinions on if you think someone else on this staff is ready?

Nobody I can think of for this level.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Not saying it would happen but what if a big time program like an Alabama, LSU, Clemson, USC, Ohio St offered Klieman as a DC?

I dont see anyone on staff as of now who is ready to be head coach of our program. Maybe a lower team. I wouldnt be shocked to see Entz leave soon.

On the current staff? Hedberg would be the only one IMO.