Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we have a coach on staff who is ready to be head coach?

Default Re: Do we have a coach on staff who is ready to be head coach?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Not saying it would happen but what if a big time program like an Alabama, LSU, Clemson, USC, Ohio St offered Klieman as a DC?

I dont see anyone on staff as of now who is ready to be head coach of our program. Maybe a lower team. I wouldnt be shocked to see Entz leave soon.
    You make a great point about coordinators. What if Iowa offered him the DC coordinator job? I would think those are also offers that would be very, very tempting since he'd probably have an excellent avenue to the head job there or another P5 school.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have no idea who on staff is good HC material. I also would prefer it to be a defensive guy but I'm honestly not yet sold on our defensive staff. I feel like the only time the defense has risen up to a Bohl's staff level was 2015 playoffs. Otherwise I feel like they are sliding. It makes me wonder if guys are getting the same quality training they were previously. Maybe Im being overly critical but I'll believe these guys are on par with what we had gotten accustomed to (dominate defense that could win big games even with a mediocre offense) when I see it.

God bless you all.

If someone calls and offers a million dollars a year, Klieman is gone.

I really like him, he really likes NDSU, he has family that really likes fargo - this is all bullshit that takes a walk when the money fairy takes off her top.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Why would we look at the current staff?? There are plenty of qualified coaches on Bisonville. I kid of course. I always like defensive minded coaches.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Not saying it would happen but what if a big time program like an Alabama, LSU, Clemson, USC, Ohio St offered Klieman as a DC?

I dont see anyone on staff as of now who is ready to be head coach of our program. Maybe a lower team. I wouldnt be shocked to see Entz leave soon.
    Major FBS is MORE about recruiting ties and less about coaching that you would expect. So I worry not much about that at all. Entz is also very happy in Fargo. Young family. Good jobs. Not saying they cannot leave or won't leave...but there is a very visible difference in some of these young families in wanting to stay in Fargo vs a lot in the past who are clearly here for the next step.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    God bless you all.

If someone calls and offers a million dollars a year, Klieman is gone.

I really like him, he really likes NDSU, he has family that really likes fargo - this is all bullshit that takes a walk when the money fairy takes off her top.
    I would say that going 14-24 in Laramie and having to uproot family has probably shown some people that if you take the next step it better be the very difficult correct step, and not your last step. Money isn't everything. It sounds like a ton...and is, but it is only double what he is currently making.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Why would we look at the current staff?? There are plenty of qualified coaches on Bisonville. I kid of course. I always like defensive minded coaches.
    Thread idea: All-Bisonville Dream Coaching Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I have no idea who on staff is good HC material. I also would prefer it to be a defensive guy but I'm honestly not yet sold on our defensive staff. I feel like the only time the defense has risen up to a Bohl's staff level was 2015 playoffs. Otherwise I feel like they are sliding. It makes me wonder if guys are getting the same quality training they were previously. Maybe Im being overly critical but I'll believe these guys are on par with what we had gotten accustomed to (dominate defense that could win big games even with a mediocre offense) when I see it.
    How about those Bohl defenses at WYO the last 3 years? Or several years before this epic run? I think we get spoiled by seeing such great teams and expect every one to live up to those expectations. It just doesn't happen very often. Even so the 2016 team gave up 21 or more points in just 4 games same as the 2011 squad.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

David Richman. He's already on staff, has head coaching experience, and with upcoming budget cuts he can wear two hats for the same price...right? Or how bout Roger Kish, he seems badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Major FBS is MORE about recruiting ties and less about coaching that you would expect. So I worry not much about that at all. Entz is also very happy in Fargo. Young family. Good jobs. Not saying they cannot leave or won't leave...but there is a very visible difference in some of these young families in wanting to stay in Fargo vs a lot in the past who are clearly here for the next step.
    Considering Coach K recruited THE David Johnson, part of why I worry about those Iowa schools.....they may wise up and bring him home.