Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Fort Wayne @ the SHAC Thursday 1/19 7 pm

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fort Wayne @ the SHAC Thursday 1/19 7 pm

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Good to hear. Looked kind of dead on TV. FW should have brought their female cheer leaders(assuming they are the same quality as 2014).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    2014IPFW.jpg
    2014 was a high quality year for them

2016IPFW.jpg
    As of last year there was a significant drop off in talent but still not bad

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Lets get a win at WIU and continue to further ourselves from the pack
    This game coming up on Saturday does make me nervous. The Bison haven't played all that well on the road and this is a quick turnaround after a highly emotional home win. Add to that the road trip is pretty awkward since they fly in (to Peoria I think) and then have to bus an hour and a half to Macomb to play in Waste Management Arena (that's not a joke) which has zero atmosphere. On top of it all WIU has a solid team this year.... hoping the Bison can avoid the letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    What fun that game was!
    Crowd was good. Lady in front of me stood up and the rest of the older people followed. I hope she keeps coming.
    Kolpack tweeted about those empty seats. Too bad, they missed a great game.
    That fire alarm really changed the momentum.

Then they need to turn the schedule into something people can plan around. Wed/Thursday games aren't going to get fans there. Kolpack wrote an article on this which he proposed the solution which probably put him on el chapos black list permanently if he wasn't already.

My seats were open, offered up my tickets and had no takers. I have season tickets and have yet even been in the new SHAC yet. Weeknight games with 2 young kids is not ideal. Hoping to get there in February now that there are a couple Saturday games. Actually bought tickets for the kids too so gives me incentive to go!

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Then they need to turn the schedule into something people can plan around. Wed/Thursday games aren't going to get fans there. Kolpack wrote an article on this which he proposed the solution which probably put him on el chapos black list permanently if he wasn't already.

My seats were open, offered up my tickets and had no takers. I have season tickets and have yet even been in the new SHAC yet. Weeknight games with 2 young kids is not ideal. Hoping to get there in February now that there are a couple Saturday games. Actually bought tickets for the kids too so gives me incentive to go!
    Later the better. I would actually do 715 on Wed/Thur and 730 or 8 on a Friday. Many people with till 6.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

Doesn't matter what Kolpack wrote, that wasn't a solution. It's not like the old DII NCC days, where most games were on the weekend. Any DI basketball conference will be having weeknight games, including Wednesday/Thursday games, that's just the way it is! The Summit is no different.

What Jeff wrote was not logical or helpful. It was pandering. This is Division I basketball. If UNI can average 5,400 fans in Cedar Falls and the NDSU football team can sell out a 19,000 seat stadium with SRO tickets 5,000 fans should be able to get to a brand new arena to support a first place team. Oh and the student section should figure out it's not a church service.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Doesn't matter what Kolpack wrote, that wasn't a solution. It's not like the old DII NCC days, where most games were on the weekend. Any DI basketball conference will be having weeknight games, including Wednesday/Thursday games, that's just the way it is! The Summit is no different.
    Exactly, all the P5 conferences play games on a day Mon-Wed to go along with their Friday night/Saturday prime time games. It's the way it's going to be, the schedule comes out plenty of time in advance that people should either be able to show up or get their tickets to someone. Post them on facebook, give them to a coworker or neighbor or if nothing else find a non profit or charity and drop them off they are always willing to accept things they can take the less fortunate to. This always upsets me because I wanted those seats, I wanted the sideline seats and was willing to pay for them and have been a season ticket holder for 9 years now but can't afford to donate a ton of money and so they were all gone by time I could pick due to priority points so when I show up to every single game and they are empty every single game it really ticks me off.

A slightly later start would be great. But I am also coming from Jamestown. But I do notice the crowd so up later.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    How about a designed play to Deng with an alley OOP!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I've been waiting for that one.
    Maybe Richman should consult Tim Polasek about play calling/design???

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Later the better. I would actually do 715 on Wed/Thur and 730 or 8 on a Friday. Many people with till 6.
    Agreed that probably would help some especially out of towners coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    His main issue was there was no rhyme or reason to it. Put a rhyme to schedule then people can show up. But when you have something on Tues, Mon, Wed, Sat, Thursday people usually schedule things on this day of the week I want to do this. When there is no rhythm to the schedule they don't plan it out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    What Jeff wrote was not logical or helpful. It was pandering. This is Division I basketball. If UNI can average 5,400 fans in Cedar Falls and the NDSU football team can sell out a 19,000 seat stadium with SRO tickets 5,000 fans should be able to get to a brand new arena to support a first place team. Oh and the student section should figure out it's not a church service.
    If the schedule was somewhat set whatever days it was I bet it would increase attendance here is my point.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Exactly, all the P5 conferences play games on a day Mon-Wed to go along with their Friday night/Saturday prime time games. It's the way it's going to be, the schedule comes out plenty of time in advance that people should either be able to show up or get their tickets to someone. Post them on facebook, give them to a coworker or neighbor or if nothing else find a non profit or charity and drop them off they are always willing to accept things they can take the less fortunate to. This always upsets me because I wanted those seats, I wanted the sideline seats and was willing to pay for them and have been a season ticket holder for 9 years now but can't afford to donate a ton of money and so they were all gone by time I could pick due to priority points so when I show up to every single game and they are empty every single game it really ticks me off.
    True and I looked at my schedule and gave away some and sold the UND ones because I knew I wasn't going to be there. Granted I didn't do much legwork on the IPFW game other than post here and ask a couple people and not denying I could have done more. Plus just don't think Fargo in general is a basketball town where we have a bunch of basketball crazies, and the ones that are, busy going to HS games possibly?

That said I'm planning on keeping my tickets unless it becomes an issue where I can't hold them anymore.