Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clay Ream

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Clay Ream

Good stuff!

NCAA wrestling is pushing the article on social media, which is really good national exposure for Clay, the program, and sport

Well, I knew this day would come sooner than his mother and I would ever want it to but after 18 straight years of watching this kid wrestle it all came to a close in Cleveland, OH. I wanted to take some time before posting anything to just reflect and let this all sink in a little. I'm sure this won't fully sink in until around October because that is when I would always start planning which duals and tournaments that we would be able to attend and make the travel plans accordingly. It will be a very strange feeling come next fall I can assure you of that, not having one of my boys walking out on a wrestling mat will be strange. I have been asked hundreds of times what we will do now that we don't have a wrestler competing any longer and up until last week honestly I never gave it much thought but now that it's starting to sink in, I might actually use my vacation time and go on a real vacation. I know that sounds crazy but if I don't use the time I loose it, so I might as well use it. LOL

Seriously though, To all of those Bison Fans who supported Clay over the last five years THANK YOU VERY MUCH! it has been appreciated by not only Clay but his family as well. To all of the Bison Wrestlers, their Families & Bison Wrestling Fans that we have had the pleasure of meeting over the last five years, you all will always hold a very special place in our hearts. We will continue to follow Bison Wrestling in the years to come and continue to always cheer for the team.

HORNS UP! GO BISON!

Thank you,
    From The Ream Family

It was great having Clay represent NDSU! He has a great future ahead for himself. A three time Elite-90 winner is something parents can be pretty proud of!

Thanks for posting your insight on the wrestling team on Bisonville.

533 In a row

To finish with a 3.98 GPA in biochemistry and molecular biology is impressive all by itself. To do that while qualifying for NCAA's four years in a row and racking up wins against at least 6 career AA's is nothing short of amazing. Good luck to Clay as he starts his next phase in life!

P.S. I hope that you use some of your new free time to keep posting here.

Such a great family. Clay was an excellent role model for My Son when he started as a true Freshman. Thanks for everything Clay and the Ream family as a whole. My Son speaks very highly of you Pat. Take care and have a great night.

Enjoy Pat!

I enjoyed Clay's wrestling these past 5 years a ton! He always represented NDSU very well and has a ton to be proud of.

I'm not sure what version of Clay was my favorite. The young, leg riding, power halfing dynamo (watching him nearly rip guys arms off was probably my favorite). The flexible shot defending wizard. Or the seasoned, powerful shooting veteran.

He won a ton of matches, provided a ton of highlights, was a 4 time qualifier, a 2 time B12 runner up, and 3 time Elite 90 winner. Kid was dynamite!

Congrats to Clay on a great career and thanks for representing NDSU wrestling in a class manner!