Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Verbal: Joshua Hayes

Default Re: 2017 Verbal: Joshua Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    At least we won't be having people complaining about NDSU playing true freshmen anymore, between this and the exemption.
    Might as well get 4 years out of them instead of 3.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU needs to leave FCS. the players ares
    seeing what a joke it is.

Josh going to play SEC or BIG12 and NDSU sitting here doing nothing, thanks Dean & Matt Larson
    I don't follow the logic here Sam.

Even if we move up, we're not going to be in a P5 conference. If the player is good enough to play SEC/Big12/B1G/etc.. they will still transfer out.

I understand and support the idea of NDSU moving up, but it won't prevent these type of situations.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    At least we won't be having people complaining about NDSU playing true freshmen anymore, between this and the exemption.
    exactly Tony. play right away if you have the talent
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Spring football was a terrible idea and only happened because of politics. NDSU leadership did a poor job advocating for fall ball and basically rolled over and went along to get along. The division and program is now paying the price. Entz and JJ were pretty much the lone dissenting voices and wanted to play in the fall but ADML was very against so here we are. At this point we owe it to the Seniors and everyone else vested with Bison football to see the season through. I would 100% support calling off the playoffs though, they are completely pointless.
    Playing exhibition games in an empty stadium was probably not a viable path forward and that is what would have happened come the fall surge. Fall football was really something that only works with a money game or two bankrolling it.

Should have just did what Montana did, now we are going to hurt ourselves come the real season in the fall.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Good remarks here from Entz on the situation: https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...36188456525825

Cliffnotes version: Josh noticed other players from the conference who had already opted out getting high level FBS offers in the transfer portal and he felt he's better than those players. He has a 2 year old daughter in Florida that he hasn't been able to see much living up here so he's looking to transfer somewhere closer to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Good remarks here from Entz on the situation: https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...36188456525825

Cliffnotes version: Josh noticed other players from the conference who had already opted out getting high level FBS offers in the transfer portal and he felt he's better than those players. He has a 2 year old daughter in Florida that he hasn't been able to see much living up here so he's looking to transfer somewhere closer to her.
    That makes a lot of sense. Best of luck to Josh and his young family.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

And I was happy to read, on Dom’s version, that he will graduate.
    Still wish he would not leave mid-season, but can understand it is his recruiting season as a transfer portal player.

Dom Izzo
    @DomIzzoWDAY

Pretty thorough answer from Matt Entz on Josh Hayes’s departure:
    - Seeing Jabril Cox leave for a FBS and improve his draft stock
    - Will graduate in May, a large role on three national title teams
    - Josh became a dad in fall of 2019, opportunity to get closer to his daughter in FL

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Do you really think we would have made it through a fall season? October/November was the spike in cases in the upper mid-west. Plus this isn't the Big 10, these schools aren't making a lot of money at this. If they are pulling the plug now... I doubt we would have gotten the season done in the fall.
    Nope, but the program would be in a much healthier situation had we gotten in 6 games and stuck to our usual off season schedule.

This was also surprising to me: https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...37959149010945
    "I don't think we've seen anything yet with the transfer portal. That one-time transfer rule comes out...." ME "There are 1900 kids in there right now and there's a stat out there that only 28% of them find a new home."
    No idea how accurate that percentage of players who find a new home is but that seems like a shockingly low number that do.

This was also surprising to me: https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...37959149010945

No idea how accurate that percentage of players who find a new home is but that seems like a shockingly low number that do.
    If only 28% find new homes, do you really want the ones back that put their name in there? Asking for a friend.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.