Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summit League Population Centers

Default Re: Summit League Population Centers

Quote Originally Posted by WestDak View Post
    Anyone old enough to remember NDSU and UND being D2 are going to have their D1 school they cheered for back then. And just because NDSU/UND went D1 doesn't mean they change their allegiance just like that.
    I know quite a few North Carolina and Duke fans in North Dakota. I myself have been a Kansas men's basketball fan since 1987. Sure, when NDSU makes it to the tournament, I'll watch and cheer for them, but I don't make a point of following them that closely in the regular season. I live in western North Dakota and went to Dickinson State, so I consider myself a fairly typical "neutral" observer when it comes to NDSU/UND.
    Obviously but say say the entire state if North Dakota isn't either NDSU or UND territory is a preposterous statement. Besides its about the media footprint which is all Dakota schools. The lead story on the Networks is rarely something other than Ndsu or Und.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    a ton of kids from eastern MT go to ND schools...
    A ton of kids would only be about 6 NDSU females.
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    A ton of kids would only be about 6 NDSU females.
    Or two f'hawking heifers.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

IUPUI gets some coverage locally, but it's definitely not a focus like IU, Purdue, Notre Dame, Butler or even Ball State or Indiana State. Their coach will occasionally appear on local radio shows and game highlights will appear on local news depending on what else is going on. It will likely only be a couple quick clips with a score. But it does put the Dakota schools in local media some whenever they play. IUPUI and Fort Wayne will get more mentions if they advance deep into the Summit tournament or if they were ever to win it. UIndy is the only local D2 school, but there are several D3/NAIA schools that get similar coverage largely because there are many successful programs locally.