Omaha: 915,312
    Fort Wayne: 429,890
    Fargo: 233,836
    Brookings: 33,987
    McComb: 32,612
    Vermillion: 13,964

TOTAL: 7,443,683

Pretty big number.
    Only issue the top four probably barely care about the summit league team in their "center"... That accounts for about 5/7 of your "big" number. Carry on though curious to know what others think?

Default Re: Summit League Population Centers

For the Dakota schools... The fan base is the entire state so it's not just Fargo, Vermilion, or Brookings

And for Ndsu.. It's western Minnesota too

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    For the Dakota schools... The fan base is the entire state so it's not just Fargo, Vermilion, or Brookings

he did clarify "centers"

I know we like to think the entire state of ND population is NDSU fans but not really especially when it comes to bball. I would think SDSU/USD have some fans in SW MN too just to add to point your making

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I know we like to think the entire state of ND population is NDSU fans but not really especially when it comes to bball. I would think SDSU/USD have some fans in SW MN too just to add to point your making
    Well point well taken but... the rest of the state doesn't root for Nebraska or Ohio State... so by default it's obviously NDSU or UND

More importantly... the TV, radio coverage, and news coverage is pretty much all of ND and western Minnesota. So when it comes to marketing potential for eyeballs on tv's or radio.. we're ND and western MN. All the media outlets talk NDSU/UND.. not other schools

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

You could probably toss in Sioux Falls...as well.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Well point well taken but... the rest of the state doesn't root for Nebraska or Ohio State... so by default it's obviously NDSU or UND
    Anyone old enough to remember NDSU and UND being D2 are going to have their D1 school they cheered for back then. And just because NDSU/UND went D1 doesn't mean they change their allegiance just like that.
    I know quite a few North Carolina and Duke fans in North Dakota. I myself have been a Kansas men's basketball fan since 1987. Sure, when NDSU makes it to the tournament, I'll watch and cheer for them, but I don't make a point of following them that closely in the regular season. I live in western North Dakota and went to Dickinson State, so I consider myself a fairly typical "neutral" observer when it comes to NDSU/UND.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Tulsa area has some care about ORU. It actually gets newspaper coverage right after OU, OSU, and Tulsa University. ORU only went back to Summit thinking it was an easy, nearly automatic bid into the NCAA tournament. In March, Tulsa cares about ORU basketball and the Summit for a few days. OK, I guess Tulsa area does not care about the Summit, just ORU and the NCAA tourney.

And Eastern MT..... a ton of kids from eastern MT go to ND schools...most the families I know either go to NDSU and/or Jamestown/Concordia. One way or another it seems a lot of them end at NDSU.