Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamar Cain

Default Re: Jamar Cain

I don't see Grant being in consideration to replace Cain unless they move some other coaches around. He needs to get some more experience and probably under another staff. He'd be a great hire in the future though.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Didnt Coach klieman Coach the defense backs before he was a defensive coordinator? I don't think we should settle for a coach with no experience as. We need to find a great Coach who has experience and can turn our young recruits into studs. I think Jamar really did a great job developing players such as Menard and Emanuel. Look at how he really got ambrosious to develop the last two years. Cain will be missed so let's find another great teacher like him. I believe grant Olson has the drive to be a great Coach one day but let him learn and get some experience first.
    Jamar didn't develop Kyle, he was already a stud. As far as the experience issue...an experienced guy would be nice and probably will happen but every great coach starts with zero experience. How long has Grant been around our kind of system and training counting both NDSU and Wyoming? Do we really think he needs to coach highschool to know what he's doing? I wouldn't be too surprised if Wyoming gives him his first shot at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Jamar didn't develop Kyle, he was already a stud. As far as the experience issue...an experienced guy would be nice and probably will happen but every great coach starts with zero experience. How long has Grant been around our kind of system and training counting both NDSU and Wyoming? Do we really think he needs to coach highschool to know what he's doing? I wouldn't be too surprised if Wyoming gives him his first shot at it.
    I didn't say he needs to coach high school. But coaches need to get some experience before throwing them into a position like cains. Especially since most of Grant Olson's experience has been learning the line backers and not linemen. I'd imagine there is a big difference between the two positions. Y would we want to settle and not get another great guy now. And didn't Emanuel start as a linebacker when he first came to ndsu and then move to de?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Kyle went from 7.5 sacks to 19.5 under Jamar. Not saying Kyle wasn't a solid player, but that is almost triple in one season. Jamar was an awesome coach and a better recruiter. Thankfully he saved Menard from going to Laramie when a new staff in Laramie was trying to flip kids. He will be missed and deserves everything he has worked hard for. Congrats to going home.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Kyle went from 7.5 sacks to 19.5 under Jamar. Not saying Kyle wasn't a solid player, but that is almost triple in one season. Jamar was an awesome coach and a better recruiter. Thankfully he saved Menard from going to Laramie when a new staff in Laramie was trying to flip kids. He will be missed and deserves everything he has worked hard for. Congrats to going home.
    It's like saying Wentz didn't benefit from hedberg.

Was it a Bisoninsider article that talked about how he pushed Kyle to become a better player and Kyle responded with his Buchanon winning year? Dude sounds like a good guy and great coach. Too bad we have to lose him.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Coach Klanderman is our secondary coach and played d line in college (I think d end) and has coached all positions on D including coordinator in the past. Maybe he switches around if the best candidate is a secondary coach?

Kyle also doubled his snaps but obviously Jamar played a significant role in his development and will be missed

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    It's like saying Wentz didn't benefit from hedberg.
    Actually that's just a straw man. I never meant my statement as a lack of appreciation for Jamar, but rather a simple statement that Kyle was already a great player headed for a final year of development and a whole lot more snaps. In the end it's just banter and id love to see Olson back in green and yellow eventually. I'm not really worried about it though. Klieman will find someone good.

AJ Cooper? That seems unlikely