Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamar Cain

Default Re: Jamar Cain

Would love to see grant Olson back and a part of the staff but how much experience would he have training defensive linemen. Seems like he would be much better suited to coach linebackers than lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Jamar coached a solid Dline here. Moved players around (Butler mostly) to get good matchups.

Big stretch but Bradley would be a good choice. Once a Bison always a Bison!
    The purple font in big stretch didn't show up for some reason. Seriously. I can see in brackets when I quote myself that it says color ="80080 but it didn't show up purple. Not sure why but Bradley obviously has his sights set on bigger things. If he does get another job I wonder who will be on his defensive staff given some of the recent hiring of Hazelton, Wash etc - but I think Babich is looking since his HC got fired in SD (yes I know Bradley fired BB). He always seems to find a spot somewhere despite Bisonville opinion of him.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Would love to see grant Olson back and a part of the staff but how much experience would he have training defensive linemen. Seems like he would be much better suited to coach linebackers than lineman.
    Assistants change pretty frequently. Entz was a DL coach at both UNI and WIU. Tyler Roehl coaches TE's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Assistants change pretty frequently. Entz was a DL coach at both UNI and WIU. Tyler Roehl coaches TE's.
    I wouldn't be worried about a good coach taking on a new position group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Don't want to be a prick, but it's preposterous statement worthy. He's interviewing with the Redskins I think as we speak.
    What's preposterous?

I am almost certain he will get a DC job somewhere in the NFL...maybe a positions job in NFL somewhere. I said he will never make his next jump straight from NFL HC to FCS Position coach.

I think maybe you missed me say "FCS" in my post?

I almost included that he was interviewing with Wash for DC role in my original post, so I think we are on the same page.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    What's preposterous?

I am almost certain he will get a DC job somewhere in the NFL...maybe a positions job in NFL somewhere. I said he will never make his next jump straight from NFL HC to FCS Position coach.

I think maybe you missed me say "FCS" in my post?

I almost included that he was interviewing with Wash for DC role in my original post, so I think we are on the same page.
    It wasn't at you. It was at the person you quoted saying Bradley coming here. Apologies for the confusion.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It wasn't at you. It was at the person you quoted saying Bradley coming here. Apologies for the confusion.
    WELL...that makes more sense!

Misinterpreted the quote of my post meaning it was to me.

Carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    How about Joe Lardinois?
    Interesting thought actually... played DE... coaches at MSUM... loves the Bison... we actually still run a similar defense that he played under... kind of like the idea.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Grant is smart, tough, competitive, and knows Bison ball having played on one of the best defenses I've ever seen. He may be inexperienced as a coach but I think I'd take him any day of the week. If nothing else shuffle things around and make him the LB coach.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    No not Grant Olson. He has a long way to go as a coach.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"