Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Ndsu @ usd, 01/11

Default Re: Ndsu @ usd, 01/11

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Saw the game was on and decided to watch. Don't watch basketball anymore because the product is pretty much garbage at any level in my opinion. This game reaffirms my opinion on that. How do you guys watch this? Honestly? Garbage. NDSU offense, garbage. NDSU free throws, I'd call it garbage but that would be an insult to garbage everywhere. Officiating, garbage. I'd bitch more about the inconsistency there but they do NDSU no favors putting them on the line. Sorry basketball fans but this is garbage.
    Wow...easy solution don't watch anymore, because then we won't have to waste time reading your posts
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    So did those rhat bitch about Dex not starting catch the announcers discussion on it and the answer from Coach Richman?
    Yes. Interesting. If Dex is okay with it, Im okay with it.
    The announcers may have been homers for usd, but they sure loved Dex. (Doesn't everyone?)
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I didn't catch the explanation about Dexter. What was said? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Glad to see we gave Dex the ball when the game was on the line. He had been taking that guy and if the double team came Dex is able to find the open shooter. Clutch freethrows to win it. P Smooooth another stellar game. D Miller tried a shot so that is new. AJ was mostly MIA again, why? Khy early foul trouble really stretched Samuelson minutes. Win is a win baby.
    Couldn't get his shot to fall. He was 2-9 from the field and 0-5 from 3 which is odd. Had some open looks but was just off shooting. He did have 6 assists, 1 block and a steal though.

Basically by bringing him in after about 3-4 minutes of play that is when players start to feel a little tired and by bringing in a fresh Dex it really gives him a advantage as they are either starting to sub or its a fresh body against a slightly worn body (It would be great if D Miller would really body up the opposing 5 or run him around). It then also gives our team a boost after we have seen how the flow and calls of the game are going.

On a side note I find it interesting as it was a few years ago I had tracked and put on here how we would disappear consistently from about 12 min to 6 minutes left in the first half and gave up a lot of big runs in that time. By doing a better job of staggering our resting of players we seem to not be giving up those runs.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    So I didnt see a ton of the 2nd half, but I caught a part where I think USD had just come all the way back or even taken the lead, and we instantly went into the weave. I know a lot of us have expressed confusion about that weave in the past but this is the 2nd time Ive noticed us breaking into it when a team is starting to come back. I think I noticed it during the IUPUI game too. Coincidence? Or Am I just really obsessed with the stupid weave.
    We ran the weave all first half and were kicking their ass. Went away from it in the second half and did very little on offense. When the players are engaged and aggressive like they were in the first half, the weave action is very effective.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    We ran the weave all first half and were kicking their ass. Went away from it in the second half and did very little on offense. When the players are engaged and aggressive like they were in the first half, the weave action is very effective.
    Seemed like guys were able to get to the basket in the first half. Also guys were feeding Dex in the post and he was schooling his guy or drawing a double and hitting a cutter for a layup. Seemed USD played better defense in the second half and our guys weren't quite as aggressive getting to the basket. Too much settling for 3's.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Seemed like guys were able to get to the basket in the first half. Also guys were feeding Dex in the post and he was schooling his guy or drawing a double and hitting a cutter for a layup. Seemed USD played better defense in the second half and our guys weren't quite as aggressive getting to the basket. Too much settling for 3's.
    USD definitely stepped up their defense in the 2nd half, credit them for that. In the first have they were missing a lot of switches and rotations and it made it easier for our guys to get by them or if help came to create an open look for someone else. That being said we were really just a couple of shots falling in the second half to keeping this game comfortable, we had a few missed shots inside that could've helped and our FT shooting went back to the shitter after being better for a couple games. If we can keep winning on the road without playing our best basketball I'll take it every time. The goal is to be able to put 6 good halves together in a row in March so we have some time to make that happen. Being 4-0 sure feels good!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The thing I noticed last night is our aggressiveness went down as our fouls went up. As soon as they hit 3 they played more timid trying not to get that 4th. We ended with Paul at 4, Kabellis at 3, Jacobson at 3, Ward at 4 and Geu at 3.

The USD defensive intensity was also night and day different from half 1 to 2.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I didn't see the game but noticed a huge difference in fts attempted between the yotes and us. Did we foul that much more or was it a home court advantage and yote fouls weren't called.