Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Virginia Duals

Default Re: Virginia Duals

So Arizona State tomorrow? Time?

I think our wrestling team is truly a hidden gem. I actually can watch them on tv- love it
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    So Arizona State tomorrow? Time?
    Virginia Tech tomorrow. Winner takes on the winner of the Oklahoma/Arizona State dual. Both losers wrestle for third. Huge win for the NDSU program.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I know it isn't all about him, but huge test for Josh Rodriguez tomorrow. He's always been close with Dance, but hasn't been able to finish off a win. I think he can do it, but he is the underdog. He needs to keep the pace high, keep good movement/distance, and finish shots quickly. Dance is super strong and if you play into his ties, he will wear you down.

IF he wins, and runs the table (which is likely if he gets by Dance), he's looking at a #2 or #3 seed and would have a much more favorable spot in St Louis.

GREAT job today by the team today though! Friedman, Eaton, and Clay with very big wins vs UVA. Sykora showing he absolutely belongs too

Dual starts today at 1:00 Central Time with VT. Pretty solid Team effort so far down here overall. The worse the Team can do is 4th.

Should be some great tests for the guys.

125- Josh is 0-4 vs Dance, but even the match he lost 8-1, he was in deep on a shot late to go ahead. He wound up getting put on his back to make it look lopsided. I certainly think Josh looks better this year and that he can win this one.
    133- Gustafson has been very good all year and only has one loss...but Sykora has continued to show he belongs and he can win this one. Looking at his wins, he doesn't have any stand out ones this year and his best wins, IMO, are close decisions over Jake Hodges and Micky Phillipi (Who, again IMO, are similar to Cam right now)
    141- Norstrem isn't a world beater, but is a definitive favorite over Nein. I think it'll be a decision though and Nein should be able to compete with him.
    149- Chishko is a big favorite over Friedman and beat him by decision last season. Friedman has been wrestling well though and I'd be happy with a competitive decision loss.
    157- Regardless of who VT throws out there, it'll be tough for Clay. Sal Mastriani owns a head to head win over Clay a few years ago and has been ranked in the top 5 before and Bismarck's Ryan Blees is a former super recruit who is wrestling well. The win over Atkinson gives me confidence in picking Clay to win a tough battle though.
    165- Fogarty should win. It'd be great to see a rematch of his (somewhat controversial) Christmas Tournament loss to Blees from high school. Either way I pick Fogarty to win.
    174- If Urbach keeps it to a dec, good on him.
    184- Same for McNutt.
    197- I think Cordell does keep this to a decision. I'm looking forward to seeing how competitive he is here.
    HWT- Big Ben kept it to a decision when these two wrestled last year, and that'll be tough to do again. If I remember correctly, Bbig Ben even got a TD in that match, which is super rare vs Walz.

Overall, I'm hoping for a competitive dual through 165. After that, you run into a murders row for VT.

Coach Dresser wanted this dual to happen and he's getting his wish http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling...als-semifinals (also hat tip to Pat Ream for the photo in it)

scoreless first period. Beautiful ankle pick by dance defended by josh

3-1 dance heading to the third. No offense from Josh thus far and Dance is getting his going

3-2 1:40 to go

5-2 dance. Still doable with a quick escape