Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2017 FCS Cheech and Chong Bowl

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: 2017 FCS Cheech and Chong Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    Not yet.

Soon.
    Of course, the term "soon" always has a little bit different meaning up in Whiouxville.

UND's "soon".jpg

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    LOL......next you will be saying UND is a better team than NDSU. As far as JMU goes, they were a better team than NDSU at that moment in the season. On average throughout the season I would say NDSU and JMU were very close to even. The problem is NDSU did not get better throughout the season and JMU did. Primary reasons for NDSU's demise were injuries and lack of offensive improvement. Also could consider lack of leadership, lack of dominant strength & conditioning, and lack of a shutdown defense.
    That wouldn't make any sense, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    LOL......next you will be saying UND is a better team than NDSU. As far as JMU goes, they were a better team than NDSU at that moment in the season. On average throughout the season I would say NDSU and JMU were very close to even. The problem is NDSU did not get better throughout the season and JMU did. Primary reasons for NDSU's demise were injuries and lack of offensive improvement. Also could consider lack of leadership, lack of dominant strength & conditioning, and lack of a shutdown defense.
    I have thought in the last 6 years, there has been a small handful of programs in FCS that can compete with NDSU. Only once in the dominant stretch has the Bison gone undefeated in an entire season and even then, they were down 10 in the fourth against UNI. The bar was set so high and there are a bunch of schools in the field who are trying to reach the level of NDSU and it still amazes me that only one time in the playoffs over 6 seasons has one school in the entire FCS field accomplished that goal of knocking off the Bison. While injuries and other factors played a part, it has been the Bison who set the exact standard of what you have to do to win a championship. There does come a point when enough other programs are doing things in a similar fashion, someone could come out ahead. The Bison haven't been working against a single program, they have been working against everyone. Everyone else has been using one standard to get where they have to be.

Hopefully, this playoff season has re-energized this present Herd into working even harder. Someone has obviously caught all the way up and passed them.

If Pelini sticks around for next season, Youngstown is going to be very tough next season. They only lose 3 starters on O and 4 on D.

If our O can't get its shit together next season, I see a beat down coming our way at Stambaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    If Pelini sticks around for next season, Youngstown is going to be very tough next season. They only lose 3 starters on O and 4 on D.

If our O can't get its shit together next season, I see a beat down coming our way at Stambaugh.
    Not disagreeing, but many of those they do lose are pretty big playmakers.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Back in Fargo. I really appreciate our fan base soooo much more after being down there for this game. We do have the best fans, the most passionate, the most knowledgeable, and we know how to have fun. I went into the bathroom before the game, and I could hear a pin drop in there. How many of you have heard the Let's Go Bison chants when you've been in there taking a piss?!! It just wasn't the same down there without the rest of you.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Back in Fargo. I really appreciate our fan base soooo much more after being down there for this game. We do have the best fans, the most passionate, the most knowledgeable, and we know how to have fun. I went into the bathroom before the game, and I could hear a pin drop in there. How many of you have heard the Let's Go Bison chants when you've been in there taking a piss?!! It just wasn't the same down there without the rest of you.
    How was the bar scene?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Gotta admit it sucked watching this game. Stung a little. I prefer to see our fans rushing the field. Next year

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com