Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A new direction

Default Re: A new direction

Great positive win. I will only temper it by reminding folks that the SDSU game would not have been close if SDSU was not shorthanded two players, including their star. However, this is still significant progress and we all should be pleased.

Women's basketball is allowed 15 scholarships.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Women's basketball is allowed 15 scholarships.
    Thanks, was wondering if Coach Walseth could add a recruit or 2.
    Especially with how young the 6' + players will be next year.
    So if the right JC transfer or grad transfer was out there, could bring
    in someone with more experience to help the frontline. (Like was done with Brianna Jones)

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What are injuries to . . . Gamble, Spier, Jacobson, and Breske? When will they be back? Need bodies, will have more injuries if we have 8 on the active roster. next year's class can't get here soon enough. Like that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    What are injuries to . . . Gamble, Spier, Jacobson, and Breske? When will they be back? Need bodies, will have more injuries if we have 8 on the active roster. next year's class can't get here soon enough. Like that size.
    I believe Gamble has been a knee issue, Spier was said to be a leg issue, Jacobson is a shoulder and not sure on Breske (been hurt most of her career). Sounded like Spier and Jacobson could be back fairly soon. Not sure on the other two.

Yes, need players or others will be burning out and getting injured.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Congrats to the women winning against USD last night. Listened on the radio, couldn't tell if NDSU's defense was really that good, or that USD was just cold shooting. It was probably a mix of both. Now that they're in Summit League play they will be more competitive but I see them going .500 in play and losing in the first round of the tourney. the only reason I say that is because they haven't won a game in Sioux falls since before I attended NDSU (Aug. 2009) and there is very little experience with tournament play.

Is this team improving? That answer is a definite YES! It will be fun to watch and listen the rest of the year.

Just glad to see this team be competitive again and playing with confidence. Hope they keep building on this, confidence and attitude goes a long way!

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Congrats to the women winning against USD last night. Listened on the radio, couldn't tell if NDSU's defense was really that good, or that USD was just cold shooting. It was probably a mix of both. Now that they're in Summit League play they will be more competitive but I see them going .500 in play and losing in the first round of the tourney. the only reason I say that is because they haven't won a game in Sioux falls since before I attended NDSU (Aug. 2009) and there is very little experience with tournament play.

Is this team improving? That answer is a definite YES! It will be fun to watch and listen the rest of the year.
    Everything was contested. Offense made open threes, and turnovers were down condsiderably from a month ago. It was a fun event.

I saw Taylor T. at the game last night and congratulated her on the big win and her 1000 points. Just making sure the ladies know we are watching despite not being at the games. I have seen her and other lady bison at mens games this year. My buddy even stalked Easton Stick last night and got a selfie with him.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

No comments so far in this thread by certain unnamed individuals.

533 In a row