Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jake Leingang to NDSU

Default Re: Jake Leingang to NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    That is a great list. You can even include Randy Lussenden, Tom Stambaugh, Paul LeBlanc, Doug Hanson, and John Shurb. Also Moorhead State had John Alin, Greg Zahalka, Chris Ericson, and Kelly Mortenson. Concordia even had a guy in the mid 80's but his name escapes me.
    I don't mean to discount anything that Bison middle and distance runners have been doing the last 10-15 years, but most if not all of those 1970s and 1980s runners did not have the benefit of running warm weather races against really good competition in March and April, nor have opportunities to run in end of season meets like the Jim Bush invitational the first Saturday in June, when the pressure was off, and to just get out and run for time. Good as those 1970s and 1980s M & D runners were, I suspect that if they had more meets with top competition and good weather, they would have run quite a bit faster than they did. That would have been pretty interesting to see what they could have done.

The regular college season for T&F is over by mid-May for those who do not qualify for nationals, and is over before June for those who qualify for the Div II NCAAs. In ND and MN, good track and field running weather (warm, no rain or a warm rain, and little wind) is not common until May, and even May can be dicey. So getting the warm weather, good competition meets, as the present T & F teams get, is good for the program.
    Last edited by Buffalo.Rider; 02-05-2017 at 01:21 AM.

Jake ran a 4:09 mile today.

I was happy to see that he was pushed. Second was a guy from MSU, ran 4:10.

Jake broke the NDSU 5000 meter record by 21 seconds down at the Iowa State Classic.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Jake broke the NDSU 5000 meter record by 21 seconds down at the Iowa State Classic.
    how do his times rank nationally?

edit: when you look at ISU Classic results why is he not listed in the 5000?
    http://live.pttiming.com/?mid=1138
    Last edited by natstar1; 02-12-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post

There was also an invite 5000m. Scroll a little further down. Jake's time was good enough for 19th at the Invite(it would have won the regular ISU 5000m)

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post

That puts him at 36th in division 1 this year. That's our highest non-throwing rank for men or women, except Rose Jackson's multi event at 18th.

Great job Jake on your 5000m at the Iowa State Classic !

Summit League Championships . . . Jake got 3rd in the 3000m, 5th in 5000m, 4th in the mile.

That is a tough triple. Rule of thumb I have heard is one day rest for each mile in a race. That is 6 miles of racing in two days.
    His time in the 3000m was not far from his personal best, the others were quite a ways off his bests.

I wonder if he is fighting a cold or the flu, but if so, running the three distance races in two days is even more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Summit League Championships . . . Jake got 3rd in the 3000m, 5th in 5000m, 4th in the mile.

That is a tough triple. Rule of thumb I have heard is one day rest for each mile in a race. That is 6 miles of racing in two days.
    His time in the 3000m was not far from his personal best, the others were quite a ways off his bests.

I wonder if he is fighting a cold or the flu, but if so, running the three distance races in two days is even more impressive.
    Haven't heard anything about his health, but since his 3000 was first I was expecting him to win or at least PR.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Anyone have any new news on Jake.

I take it he is sitting out this outdoor season. He has not competed in any outdoor meets and we are nearly a month into the season.