Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jake Leingang to NDSU

Default Re: Jake Leingang to NDSU

Height isn't a big factor it distance running. Hunter Lucas, who's headed to U of MN for XC and track is around 5'6".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by roper1313 View Post
    Height isn't a big factor it distance running. Hunter Lucas, who's headed to U of MN for XC and track is around 5'6".
    Damn.
    Well having long legs can't hurt either...

There was a gal named Leingang that ran track for NDSU back in the '80s. Can't remember her first name, (Kim....I think) but she was a super nice young lady.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I admit I know nothing about Track and Field but this guy looks to be pretty darn good. I mean if he's from Oregon he has to be fast. They only recruit the fastest people on the planet. And an in state guy even better!
    he was like the #2 XC recruit in the nation coming out of HS. I think he won national 5,000 meter too. I don't think he's lived up to his billing. I'm not sure if he was one of the top 5 XC runners at Oregon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    he was like the #2 XC recruit in the nation coming out of HS. I think he won national 5,000 meter too. I don't think he's lived up to his billing. I'm not sure if he was one of the top 5 XC runners at Oregon.
    Maybe he needed a change of scenery.
    Get your entries into the Bisonville dictionary: http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/dictionary

Blog Entries

Wrong thread
    13X FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! Since 1960, NDSU has more Football Championships than any team in the NFL , D1A, D1AA, D2 or D3
    1965 - 1968 - 1969 - 1983 - 1985 - 1986 - 1988 - 1990 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013- 2014- 2015

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Maybe he needed a change of scenery.
    Yep, lets hope so. Probably the best male long distance runner ND prep history.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Wrong thread
    Hmm ... Why?

Anyone know if Jake is eligible to run as a Bison this indoor and outdoor season? My understanding is that when a student-athlete transfers from one Div I school to another, then need to sit out a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Anyone know if Jake is eligible to run as a Bison this indoor and outdoor season? My understanding is that when a student-athlete transfers from one Div I school to another, then need to sit out a year.
    Sounds like he is eligible immediately. Also he transferred for academic reasons according to this article: http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/le...b6692683e.html