Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Leingang to NDSU

Default Jake Leingang to NDSU

Wow ! This is huge. He will be at NDSU for two indoor and two outdoor track seasons.
    I trust NDSU has guys he can train with. With Carlson as the distance coach, he likely has as good a coach as he had at Oregon, perhaps a better coach.

Jake, if you are reading this ... welcome back to ND. Wish you well and my you prosper as a Bison.

Default Re: Jake Leingang to NDSU

That's huge news. HUGE.

For non-tracksters: Jake holds the HS state records for fastest ever 1600m and 3200m... by quite a bit.

His fastest 5000m last year was 13:43. The 25-year-old NDSU school record (held by national champion Doug Hanson) is 14:12.

Great to have him back running in the state and even better at NDSU.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Where was he? Oregon?

Edit: just re-read the OP and saw it was Oregon.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

This is great news! Welcome home Jake!

Jake's 5,000 meter PR (13:43.04) was good for 5th place in the PAC - 12 Conference Championship outdoor meet last spring.

The winner of the 5,000 meter run in the Summit Outdoor Conference meet in 2016 was SDSU's Joel Reichow with a time of 14:36.94.

If those 2 conference 5,000 meter finals had been on the same track that day, Leingang would have nearly lapped the Summit champion !!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cool...where is he from? With a name like that, I would guess Bismarck/Mandan?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Cool...where is he from? With a name like that, I would guess Bismarck/Mandan?
    Bismarck... Leingang sounds more Morton County than Burleigh to me though, but times change.

Here's a cool story about Jake: http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/lo...a4bcf887a.html

I admit I know nothing about Track and Field but this guy looks to be pretty darn good. I mean if he's from Oregon he has to be fast. They only recruit the fastest people on the planet. And an in state guy even better!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Bismarck... Leingang sounds more Morton County than Burleigh to me though, but times change.

Here's a cool story about Jake: http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/lo...a4bcf887a.html
    Your right, when I was in high school, there were a ton of Laingangs in Mandan....but that's neither here nor there...

Wow 125 pound tailback....how tall is he, with that weight he can't be too tall...but then again, can't be too short I guess if your a long distance runner with times like that, can you?

Anywho, glad he came home and is a Bison!