Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

neilson gone accepts kent state job.

just reported on bison 1600

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Community took care of CK as well .....when his boy was playing football. if Memory serves residents stepped up and somone with their private plane flew him into..Terry haute??? so he could stay back and watch his kid play a playoff game.

It seems like those type of things would mean a lot to ck.
    I was going to mention that, his son played in the state championship game, while the bison were in Illinois or Indiana the next day. Coach was there for the game and caught a ride after the high school championship game.

People talk about the importance of family and community, but you sense it with CK and it is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    After years of watching the coaching carousel it all comes down to the money. It may seem that it might be this or that but in the end it all comes down to the money. Show them the money and they are gone. You get the typical "its for my family" "the timing is right" "its a good opportunity". It is all just window dressing for "they are going to pay me a shit load of money and I would be a fool to not take it". The day Klieman is offered a large check he is gone.
    Finally somebody with a logical take on this subject. KC makes about $325K at NDSU, He gets an offer $1M to $1.5M per year, guaranteed 4-5 year deal. HE WOULD BE AN IDIOT TO TURN THAT DOWN and he is not an idiot. I think its hilarious how people say he's got a great life here at $325 and won't leave. LOL, LOL, LOL!!!! HOMERISM. I wish for him the same fortunes as Bohl.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Finally somebody with a logical take on this subject. KC makes about $325K at NDSU, He gets an offer $1M to $1.5M per year, guaranteed 4-5 year deal. HE WOULD BE AN IDIOT TO TURN THAT DOWN and he is not an idiot. I think its hilarious how people say he's got a great life here at $325 and won't leave. LOL, LOL, LOL!!!! HOMERISM. I wish for him the same fortunes as Bohl.
    I don't see anybody saying that on this board . I see people saying that those big time jobs are hard to get especially if you don't have FbS experience. I see people saying it's more realistic that he would get a job like Eastern Washington's past head coach which Pays about $100k more than CK is making now . So when it comes down to making 100 or 200k more versus staying in a place where you've got it made; yeah, that's a legit argument. Again no one is saying that he would turn down millions more.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    who said this? everyone i have seen agrees if he gets the right job he is gone
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

neilson gone accepts kent state job.

just reported on bison 1600
    But, but, but, he hadn't talked to anyone at the school....

Ok, I really do feel a little bad for USD cuz 1) it sucks when you lose a quality HC, 2) we pounded them this year so my contempt for them is moderately low at this time, 3) I really appreciated what Streveler brought to the MVFC this year and the program is riding his coattails with me a little bit for now, and 4) they are not SDSU or UN_.

Oh man, this is going to bite them in the ass. Do they have any commits we want to poach in light of our recent defections? Timing absolutely could not be worse. This is the down side to the early signing period. You have very little time to react to situations like this.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't see anybody saying that on this board . I see people saying that those big time jobs are hard to get especially if you don't have FbS experience. I see people saying it's more realistic that he would get a job like Eastern Washington's past head coach which Pays about $100k more than CK is making now . So when it comes down to making 100 or 200k more versus staying in a place where you've got it made; yeah, that's a legit argument. Again no one is saying that he would turn down millions more.
    Has he ever been offered a job with a substantial pay raise? It's easy to assume that he has, but you have to wonder if he has. Same can be said about Coach Bohl. Was Wyoming of the first offer he had to leave and it wasn't for the dollars that people expected. The new contract is the real deal at $1.5 million a year, but he left for double NDSU salary.

The Home Run hire may not necessarily be out there without an immediary stop. Also, you have to figure the $387k mentioned is substantially higher when you factor in other perks. Vehicles, rides on jets, tv/radio, camps, shoe deals. I would venture total value of his deal is closer to $600k a year, which makes a $600k coordinator job that much less attractive.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No one knows CK’s aspirations. He may be fine with being in charge of the program he was given. N

If he wants to move up the ranks you only have to look at the current coaching carousel right now. His path the P5 if he wants it likely runs through a G5 program. An AD may look at CK and question what he has built? He took over a well oiled machine that is funded at a very high level vs it’s peers. Not too difficult to keep the ship straight. Didn’t really build anything.

Compare it to what Nielsen did/inherited at USD and that may be why he got some looks.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Has he ever been offered a job with a substantial pay raise? It's easy to assume that he has, but you have to wonder if he has. Same can be said about Coach Bohl. Was Wyoming of the first offer he had to leave and it wasn't for the dollars that people expected. The new contract is the real deal at $1.5 million a year, but he left for double NDSU salary.

The Home Run hire may not necessarily be out there without an immediary stop. Also, you have to figure the $387k mentioned is substantially higher when you factor in other perks. Vehicles, rides on jets, tv/radio, camps, shoe deals. I would venture total value of his deal is closer to $600k a year, which makes a $600k coordinator job that much less attractive.
    1660 or Inforum....cant recall which stated its right at $.5 mill.

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    But, but, but, he hadn't talked to anyone at the school....

Ok, I really do feel a little bad for USD cuz 1) it sucks when you lose a quality HC, 2) we pounded them this year so my contempt for them is moderately low at this time, 3) I really appreciated what Streveler brought to the MVFC this year and the program is riding his coattails with me a little bit for now, and 4) they are not SDSU or UN_.

Oh man, this is going to bite them in the ass. Do they have any commits we want to poach in light of our recent defections? Timing absolutely could not be worse. This is the down side to the early signing period. You have very little time to react to situations like this.
    I wonder how much the whole rape thing plays into this. Small place to be when 2 of your players are accused of that type of stuff