Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Neilson keeps making poor teams into winners. Klieman came into a winning program and kept it going. Weaker G5 and P5 schools will be unsure if Chris can turn them around.
    If Nielson really does leave for Kent State, I think he needs to cut a check to Chris Streveler for $100,000. Bob Nielsen doesn't win 4 games this year without him. And he DEFINITELY doesn't get a FBS head coaching job in the next decade because of it.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    If Nielson really does leave for Kent State, I think he needs to cut a check to Chris Streveler for $100,000. Bob Nielsen doesn't win 4 games this year without him. And he DEFINITELY doesn't get a FBS head coaching job in the next decade because of it.
    I'm usually not a big advocate of "paying players" as I think in most cases they are fairly "compensated", however in situations like Nielsen/Streveler, Kevin Sumlin/Johnny Manziel, these coaches are making an insane amount of money that they simply would NEVER EVER EVER make without that one single player. Haha, Kevin Sumlin probably owes Johnny Football somewhere between 5-20 Mil at this point
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    yep, but with his current pay he can be much more patient as he is getting paid in the top of FCS, now by rights he probably should be THE top but its a damn good payday that he has potential to be paid out by Dec. 31st in the range of $372K

$312,000 Base
    $25,000 appearance/speaking package
    $10,000 Eight wins in regular season
    $10,000 MVFC Championship
    $15,000 For winning 3 Playoff home games (assuming this will happen)

Then he could take $15,000 extra for winning the Title, or $10,000 for a loss

So a perfect world all game bonus paid and Salary that's $387,000, and there are other incentives (media) and extras to add to that, not bad for Fargo and FCS IMO.
    I understand that the way these guys are wired is probably completely different than me, but $330K+ in Fargo even in a down year is pretty damned good. Montana and UNI have shown that it is possible for perennial powers to slip but even in their down years they are still at the cusp of making the playoffs, I don't see NDSU as that much different at this point. To me, it's not worth the extra money to go somewhere that the job isn't going to be anywhere as "safe" as it is here.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Was it the former EWU coach that got an offensive coordinator position at Cal?
    i am not saying it cant be done. I think BB salary is in that 500k range. Is a $100,000 more you're worth it.....maybe maybe not. I'm saying is its not likely he is gonna to go to the big time $$$$ programs as a coordinator without fbs experaince.

i just dont think he goes to a p5 as a coordinator. no fbs experaince. maybe tho.

imho, if it was about the $$$$ he should have went to Wyoming and then moved up to a bigger program as a DC or back down to fcs as a HC. if he would have done that, and shown sucess he would have been in a much better posistion for the higher paying dc jobs.

of course, he seems to have a lot of relationships with big time programs.....never under estimate those!!!!

At the end of the day I'm sure CK knows what's best for CK. I just hope he has a good accountant because that's a s*** ton of taxes.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He has a daughter in HS, younger son, middle school maybe, Coach was at daughter's scrimmage Friday night before a playoff game in Fargo. I don't think you do that as a coordinator at a big school.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Coyotes don't win 4 games next year without Streveler, with or without Nielsen. Streveler was the Coyotes Russell Wilson. Going to be a back to reality year for the Coyotes next year IMO.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    He has a daughter in HS, younger son, middle school maybe, Coach was at daughter's scrimmage Friday night before a playoff game in Fargo. I don't think you do that as a coordinator at a big school.
    Community took care of CK as well .....when his boy was playing football. if Memory serves residents stepped up and somone with their private plane flew him into..Terry haute??? so he could stay back and watch his kid play a playoff game.

It seems like those type of things would mean a lot to ck.

Is it possible to get a HC job even if your to stupid to breath without a medical device: Vance Joseph, HC, Denver Bronco's, QUOTE: "Our new team motto this week is, NO SURVIVING!".

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Perfect. Maybe be can talk to one of their teachers to see about holding them back a year or two. (slightly purple)
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.