Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU View Post
    Bob Nielson offered Kent State job per Football Scoop.
    RIP Coyotes
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Has he even unpacked his stuff from his move to vermillion?
    Also saw something about EW coach.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    RIP Coyotes
    Yup. No Streveler, no Nielson. Hello 0-11
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Is anyone really safe at the FCS level? Not according to this little write up I saw over the weekend about the college football coaching changes, specifically Joe Moorhead.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...2017-18-hires/

Joe Moorhead Dan Mullen (Florida) The Bulldogs moved quickly after losing Dan Mullen to Florida and made a fantastic hire of their own in Joe Moorhead. Moorhead was the brain behind Penn State's explosive offense the last two years and build Fordham into an FCS power. He should be able to maintain what Mullen started in Starkville. Grade: A

In what alternate universe is Fordham considered a FCS power? Can you define power? Winning the conference? In talks of winning a national title? How many more FCS programs are ahead of Fordham if they are now considered a Power? Maybe the writer didn't have much on him and was reaching for anything that sounded good, but in normal conversation I don't think Fordham comes to mind as a contender for most.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stpaulbison View Post
    Is anyone really safe at the FCS level? Not according to this little write up I saw over the weekend about the college football coaching changes, specifically Joe Moorhead.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...2017-18-hires/

Joe Moorhead Dan Mullen (Florida) The Bulldogs moved quickly after losing Dan Mullen to Florida and made a fantastic hire of their own in Joe Moorhead. Moorhead was the brain behind Penn State's explosive offense the last two years and build Fordham into an FCS power. He should be able to maintain what Mullen started in Starkville. Grade: A

In what alternate universe is Fordham considered a FCS power? Can you define power? Winning the conference? In talks of winning a national title? How many more FCS programs are ahead of Fordham if they are now considered a Power? Maybe the writer didn't have much on him and was reaching for anything that sounded good, but in normal conversation I don't think Fordham comes to mind as a contender for most.
    I think Fordham won some FBS games though, right? Maybe that's what they're considering. Plus I think it is fair that if a team makes the playoffs it can be considered a power.

Validated: yeah, they beat Army in 2015 and Temple in 2013, and made the playoffs multiple years in a row. Those were good teams.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I think Fordham won some FBS games though, right? Maybe that's what they're considering. Plus I think it is fair that if a team makes the playoffs it can be considered a power.

Validated: yeah, they beat Army in 2015 and Temple in 2013, and made the playoffs multiple years in a row. Those were good teams.
    UND better re-up Bubba in a hurry if reaching the playoffs makes a team power, being a seeded team once must mean they were a juggernaut.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What's the word on the coyoteee forum? Is this a done deal?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    What's the word on the coyoteee forum? Is this a done deal?
    Word is he is gone ... he is not doing the weekly radio show unavailable supposedly
    TRUST THE PROCESS

JMU board is feverishly trying to convince themselves that Mike Houston won't jump for a FBS job.

Some even trying to see if they can get him $1 million a year.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

David Pollock just tweeted that Brent Venables agent is talking to Arkansas..... pter tweet Brent Venables on if he’s a candidate at Arkansas: "That’s a tough thing to answer. I have not spoken to anybody but my representatives have, and I’ll leave it at that"