Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    $6.5 M buyout would be nothing to the boosters if they thought Bohl was the guy.
    I don't know enough about the other potential candidates, but I really think if you can make Wyoming competitive, you would do ok at the U. I really don't think he would do any worse than some of what the U has had to deal with over the past several years.

How old is Bohl though? I know he can coach, but how does he do with boosters and fundraising?

I only see him going unless a lot of their top candidates say no

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Yep, the reaction of the players through all of this tells you there are some pretty deep problems with the culture there that need to be fixed. But that's also the main thing, perhaps the only thing, that would make Klieman a viable candidate.
    I look for them to hire based on:

1 Disciplinarian (need to clean up their act before NCAA does it for them)
    2 Offense minded (the question is whether it will be a wide open offense or BIG 10 power offense)
    3 Someone who can recruit nationwide.

The yellowing rodents have been a cellar dweller in the Big 10 for so long it will take a while to make them relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Pretty sure Bison players would never treat Kleiman or their teammates the way the Gophs treated their coach and teammates. Held a sex party and included a recruit. Got suspended but corroborated story so reinstated. University snooped around and resuspended. Team boycotted and essentially supported the sex party. Coach tweeted player support. Details leaked and both team and coach looked bad. Now the players that boycotted are mad their coach got fired when they basically put his neck on the chopping block.

The best thing for NDSU and any former coach or player is to not be mentioned in the same sentence as the Gophs.
    Yep, the reaction of the players through all of this tells you there are some pretty deep problems with the culture there that need to be fixed. But that's also the main thing, perhaps the only thing, that would make Klieman a viable candidate.
    This is pretty much what I was thinking. First, when you read what happened, you realize just how disgusting this who incident was. The party thing it just gross. The players then supporting those involved, especially to the degree they did is messed up. The coach supporting the players for supporting the incident is pretty clueless. The backpedaling an saying they were protesting "due process" was just pathetic. Altogether, some major character and culture issues that need to be changed.

This stuff probably happens at schools all over the country, but seriously what is wrong with kids these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I don't know why anyone would want Miles. He underperformed with massive talent and doesn't know what a D1 QB looks like
    In the same conference as Saban

Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    This is pretty much what I was thinking. First, when you read what happened, you realize just how disgusting this who incident was. The party thing it just gross. The players then supporting those involved, especially to the degree they did is messed up. The coach supporting the players for supporting the incident is pretty clueless. The backpedaling an saying they were protesting "due process" was just pathetic. Altogether, some major character and culture issues that need to be changed.

This stuff probably happens at schools all over the country, but seriously what is wrong with kids these days.
    I wish you could say it has been a recent issue, but it is has been that way for a long time with some schools...Look at Miami, Florida State, USC...and the list can go on...this has been a problem for programs for at least 25 years...

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Name the time a former Bison coach took a job that could cut off our recruiting pipeline to Minnesota?
    Are you that dense? Our recruiting pipeline to MN will never be cut off. I don't care if Sabin is the next coach, if he is taking our recruits he will be looking for a new job too!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I wish you could say it has been a recent issue, but it is has been that way for a long time with some schools...Look at Miami, Florida State, USC...and the list can go on...this has been a problem for programs for at least 25 years...
    This goes a bit beyond what I'd consider typical though...this wasn't cheating in an effort to win or gain an advantage. That I can at least understand even if I don't like it. When they boycotted the players threw boosters and ticketholders under the bus. The very people who paid for their scholarships. Just a complete disconnect from reality.

This goes a bit beyond what I'd consider typical though...this wasn't cheating in an effort to win or gain an advantage. That I can at least understand even if I don't like it. When they boycotted the players threw boosters and ticketholders under the bus. The very people who paid for their scholarships. Just a complete disconnect from reality.
    We can agree to disagree, but as a Florida resident, we heard all the stories out of Gainesville, Miami and Tallahassee of "student athletes" in a jam for assault, shoplifting, etc....especially during the Bowden, Johnson and Meyer eras. That was purely cheating to win...nothing else.

mango is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I don't buy Coach K for the Gophers job. Reality is, his head coaching experience is thin (only 3 years in D1, and 1 many moons ago in extreme small college ball), and most of the top players we've had to this point we not brought on when he was top dog. Even Stick and RJ were largegely recruited by Bohl b4 the change. While I think Coach K will be very successful, I would be very leery of a Gopher booster in bringing on someone with such thin experience. (See Tim Brewster, yes, I think Coach K would be 10,000x better; but this is how a Gopher could see it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Instead of typing my thoughts I will just copy and past TSCF"s as that sums it up.

On a side note I think Minnesota will "Row the Boat".

I find it funny you are saying that Klieman's head coaching experience is thin when Fleck only has one more year.