Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    No one knows CK’s aspirations. He may be fine with being in charge of the program he was given. N

If he wants to move up the ranks you only have to look at the current coaching carousel right now. His path the P5 if he wants it likely runs through a G5 program. An AD may look at CK and question what he has built? He took over a well oiled machine that is funded at a very high level vs it’s peers. Not too difficult to keep the ship straight. Didn’t really build anything.

Compare it to what Nielsen did/inherited at USD and that may be why he got some looks.
    Do you really believe that? Listen to what Nick Saban has to say on that topic: It's much harder to stay on top than it is to get there....

Bohl had expectations of being a contender, Klieman has expectations of being a champion.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Do you really believe that? Listen to what Nick Saban has to say on that topic: It's much harder to stay on top than it is to get there....

Bohl had expectations of being a contender, Klieman has expectations of being a champion.
    And if we ever go two consecutive seasons without a title, there will be plenty here on the Fire Klieman, Save (next) Season wagon.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    neilson gone accepts kent state job.

just reported on bison 1600
    Huh? All they discussed was the rumor of him leaving!

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Maybe he doesn't want to deal with the shit show that is P5. Meaning different player attitudes, boosters, admin issues, dumb ass bowl system etc

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Coaching at the FBS level (especially P5 schools) might pay pretty good, but is it worth it for someone with Coach Klieman's set of ethics? It's a dirty game, especially in regards to recruiting, at that level: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ng-a-cfb-coach

Just a little thing I've learned over my 41 years of life - where there is big money and/or power, there is corruption.

Honestly, I don't know Coach Klieman's aspirations or what he has been offered, but the way he handles himself and cares for his athletes might scare away the dirty programs from giving him a serious look.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU View Post
    Huh? All they discussed was the rumor of him leaving!
    No, they said it was not officially announced yet, but was being reported bing a done deal by an MN news outlet...I think Duluth. so I guess there is a little wiggle room. Or did I hear it wrong?

No, they said it was not officially announced yet, but was being reported bing a done deal by an MN news outlet...I think Duluth. so I guess there is a little wiggle room. Or did I hear it wrong?
    Neilson did coach at UMD, so maybe there is still connection there.
    Hail the BISON!!!

He's on campus from what I read.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Minnesota Duluth sports writer just mentioned that he's expected to take the position. It's also been reported that he's on campus today. Not saying he won't take the position but nothing has been confirmed yet anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Is it possible to get a HC job even if your to stupid to breath without a medical device: Vance Joseph, HC, Denver Bronco's, QUOTE: "Our new team motto this week is, NO SURVIVING!".
    To be fair to VJ, he did inherit a hot mess that started to develop mid-2014. With no controlling owner (a functional Pat Bowlen wouldn't put up with this crap) and my boyhood hero, John Elway, firing anyone that was a threat to him are the major issues. John got the team out of trouble when he was first hired, hopefully he can do the same again. Only this time, it's going to take more luck than having Von Miller and Peyton Manning landing on your doorstep.

I don't know much about VJ, but he has yet to show that he is the leader of men that everyone claimed him to be.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU View Post
    Minnesota Duluth sports writer just mentioned that he's expected to take the position. It's also been reported that he's on campus today. Not saying he won't take the position but nothing has been confirmed yet anyways.
    OK fair enough! It sounded like an announcement was forthcoming!

ME thinks we are just waiting for the official word.