Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Wonder what he could fetch as a DC. Saw Venables salary was 1.7mil. He wouldn’t get that kind of money out of the chute, obviously, but my God college athletics are insane.
    i just dont think he goes to a p5 as a coordinator. no fbs experaince. maybe tho.

Maybe he doesn't want to deal with the shit show that is P5. Meaning different player attitudes, boosters, admin issues, dumb ass bowl system etc

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    i just dont think he goes to a p5 as a coordinator. no fbs experaince. maybe tho.
    Was it the former EWU coach that got an offensive coordinator position at Cal?

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Was it the former EWU coach that got an offensive coordinator position at Cal?
    Beau Baldwin. He's likely to become the new HC at Oregon State
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oregon State already picked a new head coach, Jonathan Smith from U of WA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    Oregon State already picked a new head coach, Jonathan Smith from U of WA
    Life comes at you fast!

See APSU's Will Healy has interviewed for the South Alabama job. Even he doesn't want to be in the OVC anymore.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Me thinks Klieman would accept a top end coordinator job in a heartbeat. What better opportunity could he expect?

After years of watching the coaching carousel it all comes down to the money. It may seem that it might be this or that but in the end it all comes down to the money. Show them the money and they are gone. You get the typical "its for my family" "the timing is right" "its a good opportunity". It is all just window dressing for "they are going to pay me a shit load of money and I would be a fool to not take it". The day Klieman is offered a large check he is gone.

Not trying to be naïve, but I really don't think Klieman would bolt for a shitty G5 unless its full blown head coach for 4-5x more money (which, no one will pay 2-3 Mil for an "unproven" G5 coach). But I do think if Gene Taylor gives him a phone call in the second week of January and says "hey, we have an office for a Defensive coordinator that we're trying to fill", I think he'd have his bags packed in an hour or two.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    After years of watching the coaching carousel it all comes down to the money. It may seem that it might be this or that but in the end it all comes down to the money. Show them the money and they are gone. You get the typical "its for my family" "the timing is right" "its a good opportunity". It is all just window dressing for "they are going to pay me a shit load of money and I would be a fool to not take it". The day Klieman is offered a large check he is gone.
    yep, but with his current pay he can be much more patient as he is getting paid in the top of FCS, now by rights he probably should be THE top but its a damn good payday that he has potential to be paid out by Dec. 31st in the range of $372K

$312,000 Base
    $25,000 appearance/speaking package
    $10,000 Eight wins in regular season
    $10,000 MVFC Championship
    $15,000 For winning 3 Playoff home games (assuming this will happen)

Then he could take $15,000 extra for winning the Title, or $10,000 for a loss

So a perfect world all game bonus paid and Salary that's $387,000, and there are other incentives (media) and extras to add to that, not bad for Fargo and FCS IMO.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant