Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I think so too. I don't really care if Minnesota does well or not I just think Les Miles provides instant credibility and a shot to bring in the best kids all of the country. I don't think he'd be as good as he was at LSU or OK St but the guy knows big games and it'd be fun to see what kind of team he could put on the field. That rah rah shit from Fleck is going to get old fast IMO.

"Row the boat" is not that far off from "Are you hungry or are you starving!"
    I'll pull for MN to win (minus this last bowl game, because of the teams BS), but I'm hardly devastated when they lose. I agree Les Miles bring some credibility and can win you a few recruiting battles. Maybe Fleck's youth meshes well with relating to his player. I think Bohl would have done well, but also wouldn't have brought the same kind of credibility as a Les Miles, though Bohl had other positives (winning culture/attitude, knowing the local recruiting area). So if Bohl could have found success without the P5 pedigree, maybe Fleck can too.

The rah rah stuff will work, IF he produces on the field. If he team doesn't win, then people will get tired of him really fast.

Get that Chili hot!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Kelly won D2 titles, he was an accomplished coach before ever setting foot in the FBS. Meyer went from the MAC to the Mountain West, where he proved he was the real deal.

Again what is Fleck's big win? Seems like people want to give him credit for going toe to toe with Wisconsin.
    Fleck's success with the Broncos is comparable to Bubba's with the Fighting Hawks. In a few years he took a team from trash to one year of success with a conference title against a weak scheduled followed by a post season loss.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Les miles??? He has been downhill ever since he ran out of Saban recruits .... most national press saying what a good hire it is some even calling a homerun
    I remember when Kansas hiring Turner Gill was a home run. Seems like the MAC constantly churns these coaches out.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Kelly won D2 titles, he was an accomplished coach before ever setting foot in the FBS. Meyer went from the MAC to the Mountain West, where he proved he was the real deal.

Again what is Fleck's big win? Seems like people want to give him credit for going toe to toe with Wisconsin.
    Again ... that is why Fleck is the perfect hire. A moral victory as your signature game is absolutely perfect for the University of Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Fleck's success with the Broncos is comparable to Bubba's with the Fighting Hawks. In a few years he took a team from trash to one year of success with a conference title against a weak scheduled followed by a post season loss.
    Won't totally disagree with you there. Don't get me wrong, it has been much more entertaining watching the Bubba teams, but when the Mussman teams are your measuring stick. Next season will say much more about UND when they play at MT and against E. Wash.

But your point is not lost on me. W Mich. was improved. UND was improved. BUT W. Mich hardly played the same schedule as an Alabama. UND hardly played the same schedule as an NDSU/UNI/E. Wash. Consistency is key ... if UND can start winning Big Sky titles and making the playoffs consistently, regardless of schedule strength, then Bubba's time at UND will be validated. Same for Fleck, if he can go to the U and win, without taking too many steps back, his ability will also be validated. Though if you find a winner in Fleck, you may be sitting good for a while with how young he is.

I will give the coaches credit for doing a better job of scheduling going forward though. Future FBS games with Utah, Washington and K-State; non conference games with NDSU, and Sam Houston (home and home).

Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    Won't totally disagree with you there. Don't get me wrong, it has been much more entertaining watching the Bubba teams, but when the Mussman teams are your measuring stick. Next season will say much more about UND when they play at MT and against E. Wash.

But your point is not lost on me. W Mich. was improved. UND was improved. BUT W. Mich hardly played the same schedule as an Alabama. UND hardly played the same schedule as an NDSU/UNI/E. Wash. Consistency is key ... if UND can start winning Big Sky titles and making the playoffs consistently, regardless of schedule strength, then Bubba's time at UND will be validated. Same for Fleck, if he can go to the U and win, without taking too many steps back, his ability will also be validated. Though if you find a winner in Fleck, you may be sitting good for a while with how young he is.

I will give the coaches credit for doing a better job of scheduling going forward though. Future FBS games with Utah, Washington and K-State; non conference games with NDSU, and Sam Houston (home and home).
    Maybe UND should be worried about losing Bubba to WMU?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Maybe UND should be worried about losing Bubba to WMU?
    Haha, maybe him and Klieman can share a plane ride to Kalamazoo.

Can't you just see the interview.

AD: Mr. Schweigert/Kliemann, what would you bring to WMU Football?

Schweigert/Kliemann: Row the boat!

AD: You're hired

Coach K interview today. Small tidbit on the Gopher job.

NDSU Head Football Coach Chris Klieman 1 - 6-17
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...klieman-1-6-17

The whole show kicks ass today with Phil Steele
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2017-full-show

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I wonder if WMU will look at Ferris State's coach, was impressed with their program when they came here a few years ago.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I wonder if WMU will look at Ferris State's coach, was impressed with their program when they came here a few years ago.
    Thought he got canned for hitting a player too hard on the shoulder pads?