Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That's an interesting idea. Not sure if you want to take over a team that has peaked though. It's all downhill for Western Michigan.
    Worked out OK for him in 2014. I would think that's a better situation and easier to deal with than what Bohl walked into.

How much is MN paying their defensive coordinator?

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    well he talked horses into rowing a boat can he make a gopher??

I don't know about rowing, but Gophers are familiar with boats. Kinda like a train, only on water. No sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Worked out OK for him in 2014. I would think that's a better situation and easier to deal with than what Bohl walked into.
    Disagree. We have the budget, facilities, and support to compete for a National Championship every year. We've done it since the 1960's.

Bohl went into a perfect situation because he took over a crappy team, got paid big to do it, and built it up to a great program. He's now set up to be a Power 5 conference head coach in the next few years when the buyout numbers fall. (unless the teams sucks and he gets fired like Joe Glenn did)

Klieman going to Western Michigan, realistically speaking, is a situation where they don't have the resources to compete and make it to a quality FBS Bowl. Anything less than an undefeated season and Bowl equal to what they got this year would be considered a failure. You have to either maintain something or build it up from scratch to be considered a success. Now if he could take a job at say... Bowling Green and build them up while getting paid better than what he is getting now... that will lead to a Power 5 job.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Fleck is a good hire. Great recruiter, built a garbage program up from nothing, and he's young and a great personality. I guess you need one to play Wedsday night ESPN games.
    Once Fleck lost a big game to Wisconsin, it was pretty clear he was qualified to be a head coach for the Gophers.

jk, hope the guys take that program to the next level, and cleans up the culture a bit. Best of luck to him.

Disagree. We have the budget, facilities, and support to compete for a National Championship every year. We've done it since the 1960's.

Bohl went into a perfect situation because he took over a crappy team, got paid big to do it, and built it up to a great program. He's now set up to be a Power 5 conference head coach in the next few years when the buyout numbers fall. (unless the teams sucks and he gets fired like Joe Glenn did)

Klieman going to Western Michigan, realistically speaking, is a situation where they don't have the resources to compete and make it to a quality FBS Bowl. Anything less than an undefeated season and Bowl equal to what they got this year would be considered a failure. You have to either maintain something or build it up from scratch to be considered a success. Now if he could take a job at say... Bowling Green and build them up while getting paid better than what he is getting now... that will lead to a Power 5 job.
    Last year at this time I don't think anybody here thought Bohl did the right thing. If he hadn't shown significant improvement this year he likely would have been fired instead of signing an extension.

So yeah by rebuilding a crap team in a difficult place to recruit Bohl increased his stock probably more than Klieman could do at W Michigan. But that doesn't make it a better opportunity or something Klieman is well suited for IMO. And I don't believe for a second that something less than an undefeated season would be considered a failure. They know perfectly well that's not the norm and their rockstar coach is gone and the reason he is gone is because their school can't pay anybody enough to stay there with that kind of success.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Seems like a few of those MAC schools catch lightning in a bottle and have 1 or 2 good years. Northern Illinois and Kent State recently from what I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    Once Fleck lost a big game to Wisconsin, it was pretty clear he was qualified to be a head coach for the Gophers.

jk, hope the guys take that program to the next level, and cleans up the culture a bit. Best of luck to him.

And they way he lost to them too. Provided just enough hope that one might think they had a chance but in reality, no way Wisconsin was losing that game. He'll do great at Minnesota.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    And they way he lost to them too. Provided just enough hope that one might think they had a chance but in reality, no way Wisconsin was losing that game. He'll do great at Minnesota.
    This is sad but so true. I just keep thinking if minny had a shot at Miles and they didnt take it they just messed up big time. My gut is telling me Fleck is the flavor of the month MAC coach. I hope Im wrong.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    This is sad but so true. I just keep thinking if minny had a shot at Miles and they didnt take it they just messed up big time. My gut is telling me Fleck is the flavor of the month MAC coach. I hope Im wrong.
    I think so too. I don't really care if Minnesota does well or not I just think Les Miles provides instant credibility and a shot to bring in the best kids all of the country. I don't think he'd be as good as he was at LSU or OK St but the guy knows big games and it'd be fun to see what kind of team he could put on the field. That rah rah shit from Fleck is going to get old fast IMO.

"Row the boat" is not that far off from "Are you hungry or are you starving!"
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!