Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    If Nielson really does leave for Kent State, I think he needs to cut a check to Chris Streveler for $100,000. Bob Nielsen doesn't win 4 games this year without him. And he DEFINITELY doesn't get a FBS head coaching job in the next decade because of it.
    What if the backup is good?

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    He has a daughter in HS, younger son, middle school maybe, Coach was at daughter's scrimmage Friday night before a playoff game in Fargo. I don't think you do that as a coordinator at a big school.
    I don't think this matters as much as ppl think. Ultimately money talks

If money was the issue, he'd have gone to Wyoming.

What a cynical bunch.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just Googled original news article on Bohl's contract at Wyoming, 1.4 million first year with annual increases. Oh Yeah, He gets to use a company car Too!!!!!! NDSU pays about $325 per year with annual increases and use of a company car too!!!!! Yeah, five times the money per year is not a good enough incentive for an FCS coach to move up to a small BCS conference, really? HMMM 7.5M over the next five years, Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Just Googled original news article on Bohl's contract at Wyoming, 1.4 million first year with annual increases. Oh Yeah, He gets to use a company car Too!!!!!! NDSU pays about $325 per year with annual increases and use of a company car too!!!!! Yeah, five times the money per year is not a good enough incentive for an FCS coach to move up to a small BCS conference, really? HMMM 7.5M over the next five years, Hmmm
    Boy.........That doesn't seem fair to Wyoming State University.................what?.................. ...Oh.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

what are you talking about? First off Wyoming is not in a BCS conference because A) BCS no longer exists B) they never were in a BCS conference

I just read thru this and I don't see anyone that wouldn't agree with you that Coach K would leave for that money, most if I'm reading right are saying that with NDSU paying better now than when Bohl was here he will need the absolute right job to come along, and it probably isn't a MAC, SBC type offer. And also most are saying if his dream is to jump to P5 coaching his route to that is thru a DC type job first then after some success jump to Head coach. Also some are saying due to him not "building" NDSU to what it is lots of schools are probably thinking he needs more of a HC resume to build faith he can take the job of building a program because there are virtually zero coaching jobs open where you will walk into a situation like he did in 2014.

so relax my friend take a breath

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    what are you talking about? First off Wyoming is not in a BCS conference because A) BCS no longer exists B) they never were in a BCS conference

I just read thru this and I don't see anyone that wouldn't agree with you that Coach K would leave for that money, most if I'm reading right are saying that with NDSU paying better now than when Bohl was here he will need the absolute right job to come along, and it probably isn't a MAC, SBC type offer. And also most are saying if his dream is to jump to P5 coaching his route to that is thru a DC type job first then after some success jump to Head coach. Also some are saying due to him not "building" NDSU to what it is lots of schools are probably thinking he needs more of a HC resume to build faith he can take the job of building a program because there are virtually zero coaching jobs open where you will walk into a situation like he did in 2014.

so relax my friend take a breath
    Again, 7.5M vs. 1.5M over the next five years for a Wyoming (type) job. 2nd, you state; If I'm reading right people are saying that with NDSU play BETTER NOW THAN WHEN BOHL WAS HERE. wow! Lets not forget who built this D1 Program from ground up, and, won 3 national titiles in an insane short period of time. PLEASE tell me one other D1 coach with that kind of success on their resume.

So relax my friend take a breath, YOUR A HOMER!

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Do you really believe that? Listen to what Nick Saban has to say on that topic: It's much harder to stay on top than it is to get there....

Bohl had expectations of being a contender, Klieman has expectations of being a champion.
    I do believe that. Especially at the FCS level and lower.

FBS is a different animal with the budgets being a bit more comparible. How many FCS schools do full cost of attendance again? How many have football as their primary sport?

You further prove my point with Saban. Off season workouts are at the top of his list and their coach is paid accordingly. The most important piece of off season workouts for NDSU was in place when Klieman got here.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Again, 7.5M vs. 1.5M over the next five years for a Wyoming (type) job. 2nd, you state; If I'm reading right people are saying that with NDSU play BETTER NOW THAN WHEN BOHL WAS HERE. wow! Lets not forget who built this D1 Program from ground up, and, won 3 national titiles in an insane short period of time. PLEASE tell me one other D1 coach with that kind of success on their resume.

So relax my friend take a breath, YOUR A HOMER!
    again WTF are you talking about, I said literally none of that, you still in 1st grade reading comprehension or what?

[QUOTE=KNOW IT ALL;1246150]Just Googled original news article on Bohl's contract at Wyoming, 1.4 million first year with annual increases. Oh Yeah, He gets to use a company car Too!!!!!! NDSU pays about $325 per year with annual increases and use of a company car too!!!!! Yeah, five times the money per year is not a good enough incentive for an FCS coach to move up to a small BCS conference, really? HMMM 7.5M over the next five years, Hmmm [/QUOTE

The deal maker was the private jet because hes a pilot.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."