Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 329

Thread: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moorhead
    Posts
    16,251

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Exactly what I'm thinking but either would be a good hire for MN and bad for us with recruiting. Bohl would be a perfect fit for MN. Knowing the Gophers they'll continue to be the Gophers and they'll hire someone who's style doesn't fit in the region like Chip Kelly
    I'll laugh when it's Schiano or Al Golden

  2. #22

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I don't know why anyone would want Miles. He underperformed with massive talent and doesn't know what a D1 QB looks like
    He sounds perfect for the gophers job! Can you name me a QB at the Gophers that looked like D1 talent? Last gophers QBs in the nfl... http://www.twincities.com/2016/08/29...-start-in-nfl/
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    13,066

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    I don't buy Coach K for the Gophers job. Reality is, his head coaching experience is thin (only 3 years in D1, and 1 many moons ago in extreme small college ball), and most of the top players we've had to this point we not brought on when he was top dog. Even Stick and RJ were largegely recruited by Bohl b4 the change. While I think Coach K will be very successful, I would be very leery of a Gopher booster in bringing on someone with such thin experience. (See Tim Brewster, yes, I think Coach K would be 10,000x better; but this is how a Gopher could see it.)

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Moorhead
    Posts
    1,706

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    He sounds perfect for the gophers job! Can you name me a QB at the Gophers that looked like D1 talent? Last gophers QBs in the nfl... http://www.twincities.com/2016/08/29...-start-in-nfl/
    What do you mean? Leidner is a first-round prospect. According to some people last year. People who were desperate to find the next Wentz and evidently never watched him play.

    But in all seriousness, he does at least look like an NFL QB. More so than the highly touted Philip "Kick 'Em When They're Down" Nelson ever did. You never know, he still could be the next Tim Tebow.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Forks.
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Imagine Les Miles standing on a cold sideline...
    You know he is from the Midwest right??
    College of Business Alumnus

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NYC!...Moving back to Fargo.
    Posts
    3,171

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    You know he is from the Midwest right??
    Yeah, but he's been in the south for a long long time munching on grass.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    8,119
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Yeah, but he's been in the south for a long long time munching on grass.
    I can attest to this. I'm not even that far south and 12 degrees seemed really cold to me this morning.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,222
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I can attest to this. I'm not even that far south and 12 degrees seemed really cold to me this morning.
    -14 this am in Fargo. Suck it up buttercup.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Moorhead
    Posts
    1,706

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Yeah, but he's been in the south for a long long time munching on grass.
    Good point, the turf at TCF is probably a dealbreaker.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Fargo
    Posts
    8,894
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I don't buy Coach K for the Gophers job. Reality is, his head coaching experience is thin (only 3 years in D1, and 1 many moons ago in extreme small college ball), and most of the top players we've had to this point we not brought on when he was top dog. Even Stick and RJ were largegely recruited by Bohl b4 the change. While I think Coach K will be very successful, I would be very leery of a Gopher booster in bringing on someone with such thin experience. (See Tim Brewster, yes, I think Coach K would be 10,000x better; but this is how a Gopher could see it.)

    Instead of typing my thoughts I will just copy and past TSCF"s as that sums it up.



    On a side note I think Minnesota will "Row the Boat".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •