Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 352

Thread: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Moorhead
    Posts
    1,781

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    I don't see Klieman going there unless everyone else turns them down. He just doesn't have the experience yet.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    471

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Bohl has a better shot than Klieman.
    Eyes closed, Head first, Can't lose

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NYC!...Moving back to Fargo.
    Posts
    3,189

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    Bohl has a better shot than Klieman.
    Might be tough with his brand new $6.5M buyout. Not sure they would pony up that sort of cash, plus pay him enough to make him leave $1.4M per year in Laramie.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Flavortown!
    Posts
    15,122

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    Bohl has a better shot than Klieman.
    Exactly what I'm thinking but either would be a good hire for MN and bad for us with recruiting. Bohl would be a perfect fit for MN. Knowing the Gophers they'll continue to be the Gophers and they'll hire someone who's style doesn't fit in the region like Chip Kelly
    Don't matter. FOURPEAT!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    19,930
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Id be more concerned about collateral damage if they poach a G5 HC. Bohls buyout in Wyoming is a pretty big barrier there but Klieman would be a likely replacement there. They just canned Stanford and would they try to promote Vigen?

    Would Western Michigan consider Klieman if Fleck leaves for Minnesota, which I think is their most likely hire? I really have no idea how likely that would be.

    Les Miles with a pretty big fall from grace landing as the goophs HC is probably the least risk senerio for NDSU.

    Another risk would be Klieman taking the DC job in a new staff at Minnesota, but that seems unlikely. Would he be interested in a non HC position at this point and what staff would he fit into. The Bohl bridge seems burnt.
    not sure on Western Michigan. If Fleck doesn't leave this year, odds are Western Michigan goes back to reality and his stock drops. And Fleck currently only makes about 200k more than Kljeman and is the highest paid coach in the MAC. Unless they would pay him the money the boosters are apparently trying to raise to keep him... Not sure

    The perception is that Bohl is more experienced and has built a so called FBS team up in 3 years after he built Ndsu up
    13X FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! Since 1960, NDSU has more Football Championships than any team in the NFL , D1A, D1AA, D2 or D3
    1965 - 1968 - 1969 - 1983 - 1985 - 1986 - 1988 - 1990 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013- 2014- 2015

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NYC!...Moving back to Fargo.
    Posts
    3,189

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Exactly what I'm thinking but either would be a good hire for MN and bad for us with recruiting. Bohl would be a perfect fit for MN. Knowing the Gophers they'll continue to be the Gophers and they'll hire someone who's style doesn't fit in the region like Chip Kelly
    Imagine Les Miles standing on a cold sideline...
    Looking good Billy Ray!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mayer, MN
    Posts
    1,874

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Id be more concerned about collateral damage if they poach a G5 HC. Bohls buyout in Wyoming is a pretty big barrier there but Klieman would be a likely replacement there. They just canned Stanford and would they try to promote Vigen?

    Would Western Michigan consider Klieman if Fleck leaves for Minnesota, which I think is their most likely hire? I really have no idea how likely that would be.

    Les Miles with a pretty big fall from grace landing as the goophs HC is probably the least risk senerio for NDSU.

    Another risk would be Klieman taking the DC job in a new staff at Minnesota, but that seems unlikely. Would he be interested in a non HC position at this point and what staff would he fit into. The Bohl bridge seems burnt.
    This... I think Klieman's opportunity would come from a domino effect. Him backfilling a job opened by whomever gets the Minnesota job.
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

    It is the same when you are stupid.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,464

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Imagine Les Miles standing on a cold sideline...
    I don't know why anyone would want Miles. He underperformed with massive talent and doesn't know what a D1 QB looks like

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    627

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Imagine Les Miles standing on a cold sideline...
    They need to hire a Tim Brewster type guy again (that would help us). Let's be honest MN is going to a recruit if they are going heads up against NDSU. The bright lights of the Big 10 would be hard to pass up, can't say I blame a kid for that. Where NDSU has benefitted the last 5 years is getting the guy that MN overlooks Williams, Turner, Olson just to name a few.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,319
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

    Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    They need to hire a Tim Brewster type guy again (that would help us). Let's be honest MN is going to a recruit if they are going heads up against NDSU. The bright lights of the Big 10 would be hard to pass up, can't say I blame a kid for that. Where NDSU has benefitted the last 5 years is getting the guy that MN overlooks Williams, Turner, Olson just to name a few.
    Claeys was our best hope for a Brewster 2.0. Hopefully I'm wrong and the goophers can find someone worse. Need someone who is likely to overlook local talent and chase stars outside the region.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •