Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

Hybrid View

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default x a possible candidate for y job

Time to fire up the old rumor mill!

According to ESPN, a source told Brett McMurphy that Chris Klieman is one of the guys Minnesota will be looking at to be their next coach.

Minnesota's initial preference to be Claeys' successor is Western Michigan coach P.J. Fleck, although a source close to Fleck told ESPN there has not been any contact between the school and the coach. Other candidates immediately expected to be considered for the opening include former LSU and Oklahoma State coach Les Miles and Boise State's Bryan Harsin, who was hired by Coyle when he worked there. Minnesota is also expected to target Penn State offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead and North Dakota State coach Chris Klieman, a source told ESPN's Brett McMurphy.
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...h-tracy-claeys

That is a very heavyweight list there. Some may be above the Gophers job, but regardless, seeing Klieman on any list is enough to make NDSU fans squirm a bit.

This is the first time I have seen Klieman publicly linked to this (or any other) coaching job.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

It's good and bad. It's tough to lose a good coach and assistants but if a guy is going to land in such close proximity I'd take Klieman. He wouldn't do anything to spite NDSU. Hopefully we get another year with him at the helm but best wishes to him whatever comes of this

The unnamed source was probably with another MVFC team so they could mess up recruiting J/K.

In all seriousness though.. It's a month before signing day and our coach is one of many listed as a candidate and the Gopher AD says "it's going to feel like it's taking forever." That's what sucks. This Gopher AD already was a dick making Claeys wait a week when he knew he was going to fire him

Odd that there is no mention of Bohl which makes me wonder if it's shoddy reporting on Bohl being a candidate or Klieman being a candidate. Gotta admit though... The Gophers paid 5 million to buy out their contracts. Bohl just got a huge contract with a 5 million dollar buy out so they are down 10 million before even offering. And Bohl got a huge raise so they would need to pony up the dough.

Klieman would be nuts to turn down the type of money Kill got. 600k to 2 million is huge. Would certainly be the less expensive option

I just hope they decide soon. Waiting screws everyone over including gophers recruits, Ndsu recruits, teams trying to put together coaching staff's, etc
    Last edited by HerdBot; 01-04-2017 at 05:50 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Having Bohl or Klieman in Minnesota would hurt our recruiting greatly. We can beat out Wyoming for recruits in a lot of cases but competing with the Goophs would be a challenge.

In recruiting, I mean. We beat them on the field easily.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Also worth noting that I've seen a few other write up's where the "experts" think the Gophers AD will want an offensive coach.

Offensive as in football. Not on Twitter.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Having Bohl or Klieman in Minnesota would hurt our recruiting greatly. We can beat out Wyoming for recruits in a lot of cases but competing with the Goophs would be a challenge.

In recruiting, I mean. We beat them on the field easily.
    I think the connection with the AD is a very big threat. This could be a program killer for NDSU.

Their boosters will never support a "D2" coach. I'd be more worried about the G5 school they poach from instead.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I think the connection with the AD is a very big threat. This could be a program killer for NDSU.
    No it won't. This program will not die. Just stop already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    No it won't. This program will not die. Just stop already.
    Name the time a former Bison coach took a job that could cut off our recruiting pipeline to Minnesota?

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    This could be a program killer for NDSU.
    I've heard a lot of dumb things on bisonville...But this one is close to the dumbest.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club