Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    If Fleck sticks to recruiting FCS/MAC type kids he won't win very much in the b1G, I think he needs to go after bigger fish
    Not that it matters in the grand scheme, but the first wave of Fleck commits took MN's class from 77 to 49th overall. He had a solid WMU team, at least as good as Minnesota this year. Add in a couple of B1G caliber athletes and you have a competitive team. No difference than Bohl really recruiting the same kind of kid at Wyoming as he did here with a few higher end recruits. You get kids that buy in and fit your system, they will run through walls for you. Look at NDSU's success.

So many of us are so quick to talk up recruits we land, "he could play in the B1G", etc...until someone else recruits them. Then all I see is "they can't win with FCS kids!". So, which is it?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Not that it matters in the grand scheme, but the first wave of Fleck commits took MN's class from 77 to 49th overall. He had a solid WMU team, at least as good as Minnesota this year. Add in a couple of B1G caliber athletes and you have a competitive team. No difference than Bohl really recruiting the same kind of kid at Wyoming as he did here with a few higher end recruits. You get kids that buy in and fit your system, they will run through walls for you. Look at NDSU's success.

So many of us are so quick to talk up recruits we land, "he could play in the B1G", etc...until someone else recruits them. Then all I see is "they can't win with FCS kids!". So, which is it?
    Couldn't agree more with this post. He has a player that will be a high first round pick and is similar to Carson Wentz. They nearly went undefeated this season and competed against Wisconsin in a legit big time bowl game. Now you're going to rip his recruits? Guess I'd be more worried about the type of recruits he could actually get after a year at Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    Fleck is a rah rah guy, that stuff wears off fast when you aren't winning.
    Remember the pre-game, fire-up, rah rah, speech the James Madison coach gave his players in the Fargo Dome at your last game? And later, they go on and win the Natty?
    This Fleck has a different kind of energy, which might be somewhat demanded in their next coach at WM. Therefore Klieman shouldn't be approached, your safe.

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    Remember the pre-game, fire-up, rah rah, speech the James Madison coach gave his players in the Fargo Dome at your last game? And later, they go on and win the Natty?
    This Fleck has a different kind of energy, which might be somewhat demanded in their next coach at WM. Therefore Klieman shouldn't be approached, your safe.
    There's a difference between a pre-game fire up speech and every day rah rah BS.

The JMU coach had me fired up and wanting to hit my grandma! Every coach has a different style. Kliemans seems to be a bit more laid back. Not better or worse. Just different.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The JMU coach had me fired up and wanting to hit my grandma! Every coach has a different style. Kliemans seems to be a bit more laid back. Not better or worse. Just different.
    s
    I"m not big into the rah rah stuff. Didn't the JMU coach said something like "We're going go out to their house and send them home!" That shit always makes me laugh. They get so worked up they don't make any sense. Cool story bro time. I had a coach in high school who was rah rah. He was yelling at us at halftime because we weren't getting a push on the o-line. He starts yelling "you gotta go out there and jack em! Just jack off on them!" Me and a couple other guys just lost are shit which only pissed him off more.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    s
    I"m not big into the rah rah stuff. Didn't the JMU coach said something like "We're going go out to their house and send them home!" That shit always makes me laugh. They get so worked up they don't make any sense. Cool story bro time. I had a coach in high school who was rah rah. He was yelling at us at halftime because we weren't getting a push on the o-line. He starts yelling "you gotta go out there and jack em! Just jack off on them!" Me and a couple other guys just lost are shit which only pissed him off more.
    Your're coach must have been an SDSU grad. Especially if he was a jerk when he drove.

s
    Did you get ejected from the game?

Which part of my post do you not understand?

s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    Did you get ejected from the game?
    You mean ejacted?.....heh.....heh.....is this like a word or something?.....heh....heh.